TOEFL Results?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AjayDas

God's First Mistake!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hiya all,

I am planning to take TOEFL right after tackling part 1 on july 12. I will be taking Computer based Toefl { I lost confidence in my handwriting in 5'th standard when my teacher said "Errr were you drunk while writing this or what?" :) I wanted to know how much time does it take for the Toefl results to be announced coz I want it to coincide with the Part 1 Results.

Hoping that Computer based wouldn't take much time...

And also, do we really need to prepare for it or just go "bang bang"?..spcialy if mine eglish is not tat bad?

Members don't see this ad.

AjayDas said:
Hiya all,

I am planning to take TOEFL right after tackling part 1 on july 12. I will be taking Computer based Toefel { I lost confidence in my handwriting in 5'th standard when my teacher said "Errr were you drunk while writing this or what?" :) I wanted to know how much time does it take for the Toefel results to be announced coz I want it to coincide with the Part 1 Results.

Hoping that Computer based wouldn't take much time...

And also, do we really need to prepare for it or just go "bang bang"?..spcialy if mine eglish is not tat bad?

Hi Ajay!
I m also planning to take tofle after part 1........n computer based only.
It takes 3-4 wks for the Tofle result.n we do not need to worry about the score ,we just required 250-260.....
Do ur best......... :thumbup:
bye n take care
dent_ist

Hiya Dent__ish!

Glad to know we are in the same boat. Naah...Am not worried about the score..The college where I apply should be ;)!
Will you be preparing for it.i.e read some books or what?
Personally, I feel they should include India in the so called "English speaking" list

I am still searching for a "Hindi Danth Mahavidhyapeeth". duh!

Members don't see this ad :)
hi,
I too am planning to take tofel after part 1.I heard people say that tofel would be a cake walk especially for Indian students from english medium background.
Thank god something is easy.atleast they say so !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all,
I took TOEFL(CBT) when I was in India n got the result within some 18-20 days...so that won't be a problem n it's quite a cake walk.U can go thro' Barron's...good luck friends :luck:

hi friends,
I don't know about the time the results take to reach anyone in India, but when I took up the toefl in the US this Jan (cbt) I got the result in about 2 weeks.Thats an advantage when compared to paper based test results which take about 3-4 weeks to reach us.
Good luck guys.

thankx dudes ;)

Hello guys,
I got 253 in toefl
Is it good enough to fetch an admission? :confused:
or should I improve my scores before applying?
Help me with ur valuble suggesstions pls +pad+

smartdent said:
Hello guys,
I got 253 in toefl

This depends on where you apply as some schools have around 230-240 as requirement while some require you to get above 213.Toefl scores come into play when your other scores, GPA etc are in the borderline area and there are quite a few candidates with similar stats...so, all I would say is consider your options.

smartdent said:
Hello guys,
I got 253 in toefl
Hi smartdent
The highest score univ asked for toefl is 250 and ur fine so dont worry about taking it again.As elemntz said every place has his own requirement but none of them require more than 250.

Neha toefl is just a breeze so go ahead and take it ur going to be fine.

Ajaydas it takes less then 2 weeks to get the toefl result and if u take ur writting part on computer too then u get ur tentative score right away. As far as book r concerned i just went through one of the books i borrowed from library and some online test and got a pretty good score.Chill out and i am sure after u score 300 they r going to consider putting india in
'English speaking list' :D we r counting on u buddy :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks Bond..
After joining SDN, I've learned two things about us Indians..
1 We say..."I will GIVE my part 1..."
2 Some of us are still struggling with the spelling of 'TOEFL' [ myself included...I managed to edit it by the way ;)] Grrr..it's not our fault anyway coz I feel this TOEFL is something which is sorta being forced on us right now...

p.s If the computer doesn't give me a good tentative score, can I hit cntrl+alt+delete 2-3 times and say "Your English SPEAKING computer conked off!" ..? :D

Thank u elementz & bond for ur prompt reply :clap:
Now atleast I will stop worrying abt toefl & start studying for nbde :)

All the best to those who r gearing up for toefl :thumbup: