Toke the MCAT twice and got same score overall, should i retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

itcanhappen

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
:confused:
The first time I got a 22O= 9 BS/ 8 PS/5 VR

second time 22N= 10 BS/ 8 PS/ 4 VR
I really did study and did every single thing from Kaplan the online syllabus and everything. I toke all the practice exams available on Kaplan. What am I missing? Should i retake? I graduated with a 3.91 gpa and my EC are good. plz advise.:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

You have chronic issues w/VR. Were you only using Kaplan VR for practice, or did you use EK passages as well? If english is not your second language, you may be able to persuade adcoms. However, with two test illustrating significant difficulty in VR, I would study using EK and AAMC. Until you feel confident about your performance on this section, I would hold off on retaking.

So, retake when you are scoring 9-10s consistently in the VR section. You could also pull-up your PS, but for now I think the issue is VR; focus on that w/EK and AAMC exams.

Best of luck

Members don't see this ad :)
:confused:
The first time I got a 22O= 9 BS/ 8 PS/5 VR

second time 22N= 10 BS/ 8 PS/ 4 VR
I really did study and did every single thing from Kaplan the online syllabus and everything. I toke all the practice exams available on Kaplan. What am I missing? Should i retake? I graduated with a 3.91 gpa and my EC are good. plz advise.:rolleyes:

How were you doing on your practice tests before the actual exam?