Toledo aka MCO aka MUO decisions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wonder how Toledo organizes their agenda. I interviewed on Feb. 1st, and I don't get reviewed till March 6th. On the other hand, some people that interviewed on the 1st or later have already gone before the panel for review. I wonder if the admissions committee purposely wants to torture me. I had a surprise interview from NEOUCOM on Monday. I sent in my apps in September and they give me an interview out of the blue with only a few days to prepare (thanks for giving me some time to totally mess up my work schedule ;) ). Anyways, I wasn't sure if I wanted to go because the school doesn't get much love on the interview feedback forum, the class is made up of 75% 6-year BS/MD who were described as immature (due to taking 25 credits/semester all year round to finish BS in 2 years), and the interview was for an alternate spot in case the BS/MD students don't qualify for their spot or choose to go to another med school. I decided to go because it was an hour drive, so no big loss financially to me. From what I saw, I kinda liked it. Everything was newer (school has been around since 1972), the students were cool, facilities (except gym) where nice, and the cost of living is cheap. So I have to be skeptical because the school is only going to show you the best parts. Does anyone have any input on this school? I'm really rooting for Toledo, I've only heard back from 1 school (OU) but I'm trying to stay close to Cleveland. Since Case showed me no love (sorry I didn't have a 35 MCAT or minority status), Toledo and NEOUCOM are my next options.

I checked the website, it looks like they only give 10 spots to BS/MD students.

Members don't see this ad.

Did you just receive a letter yesterday? I have a friend who's waiting to hear from Toledo.

Just got it yesterday.

I interviewed on 3/5. I know someone in my group that heard Monday and I heard yesterday so I would expect your friend (if they interviewed in that week) to hear soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got it yesterday.

I interviewed on 3/5. I know someone in my group that heard Monday and I heard yesterday so I would expect your friend (if they interviewed in that week) to hear soon.

Cool...It's interesting to see how things unfold with their rolling admissions process.

I had to wait a month to hear from Toledo. At this time of year, it seems to me that they are building up thier waitlist, which is a good strategy on their part. For those who got waitlisted, hope you get in the first tier. Now it is a waiting game till May15th, so don't let the anxiety get to you.

When i interviewed on Monday they stated that seats are still available and more specifically that they are not just interviewing for waitlist spots.

When i interviewed on Monday they stated that seats are still available and more specifically that they are not just interviewing for waitlist spots.

I was told the opposite when I called to schedule my interview appointment. The lady I talked to said that their class was full but that the admissions cmte was still handing out acceptances. Now, I don't know whether to go for my early April interview or not. :smuggrin:

i would go.. even if you are put on the waiting list i believe it moves up quite a bit...

I interviewed 3/8 and was accepted 4/6...Kelly Burgin informed me through the phone...yay!!! I'm so happy because I called her the day before and she told me the same, that the class has been filled but acceptances were still being offered, so there's still hope for those still waiting for a decision

Hey all, Im an M1 at UT and I just wanted to spread a little hope, I interviewed right after St. Patrick's Day last year, and as an out of state student got off the waitlist. Keep fighting the good fight, trust me when I say this, the longer you have to wait for your first accept the longer the uphoria lasts longer (mine has yet to fade even surving the entire length of anatomy.) And if you do get on the waitlist, keep in touch, Im absolutly sure thats how I got in.

Depkote-Does your new Futurerama cartoon mean you got in this year? (I remember you from the EVMS waitlist thread last year,) Its the first time Ive traveled back here in about 6 months.

Also if you have any questions feel free to reply back here or PM me, Ive really enjoyed my first year at UT, the people are so nice (students and staff) and its really nice to be back in the midwest. However, if I dont reply in the next few days its because I have a neuro and behavorial test to prepare for this weekend. Good luck all!

Depkote-Does your new Futurerama cartoon mean you got in this year? (I remember you from the EVMS waitlist thread last year,) Its the first time Ive traveled back here in about 6 months.

Yep. I'll be going somewhere this Summer. At the moment I'm holding a DO acceptance. I'll be heading there or one of 3 MD waitlist schools including Toledo...

Thanks for remembering. :D

^Congrads and hopefully one of the Allos pick you off the waitlist, either way you will never have to another AMCAS again and will be a doc in four years :).

Members don't see this ad :)
so anyone know when we'll find out where we are on the waitlist? can we call and ask?

so anyone know when we'll find out where we are on the waitlist? can we call and ask?

I'm not basing this on fact, but I believe there is one adcom meeting following the april interviews. Following that they will admit the last group of people, so I think there's one more round of potential admissions prior to the ranking of the alternate list.

If I recall correctly, the alternate list is not officially ranked until May. I believe they will formally re-review all files prior to this, so I would expect a bit of a lag before they have the official scoring prepared. When this is and how/if they'll inform us... I don't know.

^Rankings, check out the thread, it has the dates on the posts.

I spoke to the admissions office today.

They should have the alternate list ranked by the end of the week and they'll send out snail-mail letters informing us of our position on the list once that is complete.

Good luck everybody. :luck:

I spoke to the admissions office today.

They should have the alternate list ranked by the end of the week and they'll send out snail-mail letters informing us of our position on the list once that is complete.

Good luck everybody. :luck:

snail mail.... boooo. i never seem to get my mail in a timely fashion. well.. whoever hears first please post!

Hey,

I interviewed on April 5, and was offered a position today (May16)! I called yesterday and they said they would be mailing out a letter saying where you are on the list sometime next week. But today I got a call (from unavailable number and a voicemail from ms. Hassel) and the message said I made it to the top of the list and that they wanted to extend an offer to me if I was still interested and instructed me to call them back. I am still in shock! To those of you still waiting and posting--there is hope! I did not think that I would get in this year at all, but it happened and I'm so thankful. This thread has really helped me out a lot, and I hope all of you make it in! Goodluck to all and Cheers!

Ro

Hey,

To those waiting and posting on this list there is hope! I interviewed at Toledo on April 5, and I got a phone call today (May 16) saying that I made it onto the top of the list and that they wanted to offer me a position! So have hope! I wish the best of luck to all of you waiting!! I am so happy right now and I hope all of you can join me!!

Ro:)

congrats!

*hopes for a call soon*

Me too =) I'm deciding whether it's too late to send in another letter expressing my interest.. I don't to be a bother to them but I would absolutely be thrilled to go to Toledo.
Good luck Depakote and congrats RegulateRo!!

Me too =) I'm deciding whether it's too late to send in another letter expressing my interest.. I don't to be a bother to them but I would absolutely be thrilled to go to Toledo.
Good luck Depakote and congrats RegulateRo!!

Thanks! When did you last send one? I would say call them as much as you can. You will probably get a letter in the mail next week sometime saying which level of the list you're on--I'll pray that you get a phone call before then or that you're on the high priority section!

I called Toledo today because there is nothing in my mailbox yet and I'm impatient. They did tell me that I was on the high priority list, so if you call (and they are not busy), they will take a minute or so to look up your status. Now that I know there is a chance, I'll probably spend most of my summer glued to this thread watching for wait list movement. Good luck everyone.

I called Toledo today because there is nothing in my mailbox yet and I'm impatient. They did tell me that I was on the high priority list, so if you call (and they are not busy), they will take a minute or so to look up your status. Now that I know there is a chance, I'll probably spend most of my summer glued to this thread watching for wait list movement. Good luck everyone.

I've been going nuts... after seeing this I called and I'm high priority too!

It appears they have IS and OOS waitlists, they told me that if I haven't heard anything in the next few weeks I call and see how it's going.

good luck all!

Congrats to both smp and depakote high priority is awesome. from what my friends who are there say keep calling as much as you can. you will be noticed. trust me. you can be bumped. be nice and respectful, but keep calling them. good luck to you both!

Keep the faith, guys! I interviewed April 9th. Got a waitlist letter in the mail this past Saturday 05/12 and notified of an acceptance on Wed, 05/16. :D

Waitlist movement, keep them coming!

Has anyone received a letter from TOLEDO? I haven't received anything, and I live in Tennessee.

Has anyone received a letter from TOLEDO? I haven't received anything, and I live in Tennessee.

Nothing. (posting from MO)

I think when I called friday they said they weren't sending notifications until early this week (sorry if I didn't mention that earlier).

EDIT: Nothing, with the exception of my original waitlist notificaiton back in March/Early April.

I received my waitlist letter from Toledo today. It says that I am in the high priority section. Anyone else?

Congrats you guys!! I didn't hear anything unfortunately. Kinda bummed... but happy for you guys =)

Hi Depakote,

Thanks for the encouragement =) I sent in a letter but sadly, nothing today. After my letter I got a quick response saying to call in two weeks.. We'll see how it goes.

I know I'm on the high priority list, but still haven't received a letter yet. Is there any important information in these letters or stuff we already know?

I'm in the same boat. I called and i was told that i'm mid-priority but i haven't recieved a letter yet either.

I know I'm on the high priority list, but still haven't received a letter yet. Is there any important information in these letters or stuff we already know?

The letter's really aren't all that informative. They say that they'll probably be pulling from the alt list between June 15 and Sept 4th (IIRC). I think they're pulling people before then, but I'm not sure.

I'll take a look at my letter tomorrow and let you know if there was anything I forgot.

Thanks Depakote, I finally got it today. Don't know why it took so long, I live in Cleveland and Toledo is usually a day turn around. I guess things will be pretty quite till mid June. Hopefully they don't call me on Sept. 4th because I will have had to accept my other school.

Thanks Depakote, I finally got it today. Don't know why it took so long, I live in Cleveland and Toledo is usually a day turn around. I guess things will be pretty quite till mid June. Hopefully they don't call me on Sept. 4th because I will have had to accept my other school.

Ditto that. I'm going to have to set my drop dead date sometime mid July at the latest since orientation starts July 30 for me.

Hi guys,

Got my acceptance phone call yesterday but withdrew it today. Good luck guys.

Thanks for the heads up. I now know I'm one step closer, what I wish they would tell me is how far behind.

Ok. If the admissions staff that spoke to me reads this they're going to know exactly who I am, but whatever... *waves*

Called and got some info:

I confirmed that their are two waitlists. In-State and Out-Of-State.

They have been making offers. Right now, it sounds like it's a little better to be out-of-state. That list is moving faster. :D

...and they mentioned that sending update letters and the like is a good thing.