Toledo MSBS vs. Drexel IMS and Georgetown, Boston, and Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BrutalBrutusBuckeye

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have been accepted to both Toledo MSBS program and Drexel IMS program, and I was hoping if any of you could give some personal input on which program might be better. I am also currently waitlisted for Georgetown SMP, Boston MAMS, and Tufts MBS programs, and I have a feeling that I might receive a last-minute acceptance from at least one of those three. Given that possibility, do you think it would be wise to forego Toledo MSBS/Drexel IMS if I am admitted to Georgetown, Boston, or Tufts?

Also, I qualify for in-state tuition at Toledo. I am focused on pursuing MD-track. I have an average MCAT score for allopathic medicine, but my cumulative GPA doesn't cut it, hence why I am doing SMP.

Members don't see this ad.

I would go with any of the ones you were waitlisted for over Drexel and Toledo. The three you've listed that you may get into have the best reputations and matriculation lists among all the SMP's, and Tufts in particular interviews a ton of their SMP students and accepts quite a few of them as well. The recent debacle over Toledo deferring some of it's waitlisted students, and the trend of them accepting a much smaller number from their own SMP would make me a bit leery of that program. And Drexel's program I heard does not have the same level of support as the other well-known SMP's.

I would go with any of the ones you were waitlisted for over Drexel and Toledo. The three you've listed that you may get into have the best reputations and matriculation lists among all the SMP's, and Tufts in particular interviews a ton of their SMP students and accepts quite a few of them as well. The recent debacle over Toledo deferring some of it's waitlisted students, and the trend of them accepting a much smaller number from their own SMP would make me a bit leery of that program. And Drexel's program I heard does not have the same level of support as the other well-known SMP's.

Thank you. That's the same idea I got from reading through this forum. I am just hoping that I receive some good news from Georgetown, Boston, or Tufts soon, since there's not much time left. I would hate to receive an acceptance any of those three once classes start at Toledo (I am currently going for MSBS), that would be a big dilemma.