Toledo vs. Loyola

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctor0125

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Any thoughts on Toledo vs. Loyola?

There are a lot of competing factors I'm considering right now.

Members don't see this ad.

Loyola, beyond the shadow of a doubt.

Much better facilities...Immense opportunities for great clinical experience...Close proximity to the great city of Chicago...many, many more reasons to go to Loyola instead of Toledo...

as a loyola student, i'd of course say loyola. but without knowing your personal feelings about each school and what you're looking for, it's hard to help out.

Members don't see this ad :)
as a loyola student, i'd of course say loyola. but without knowing your personal feelings about each school and what you're looking for, it's hard to help out.

off topic but interesting avatar, do you know/believe in DHARMA or was it just something cool u found to put up.

off topic but interesting avatar, do you know/believe in DHARMA or was it just something cool u found to put up.

it's just a logo from the medical hatch on the tv show Lost...

images%5Cscreen_captures%5CS2E15_Medical_Bunker.jpg

images%5Cscreen_captures%5CS2E01_Desmond_Injection_Vial.jpg

The obvious answer would seem to be Loyola. Although, after having interviewed at both I personally got a better overall impression of Toledo.

Go to Toledo...only cause I am selfish and want your spot at Loyola.
Good luck with your decision. Loyola seems like a wonderful place.

I would say Toledo simply because of the cost factor. With Loyola you'll pay private school tuition four years. At Toledo you'll pay out of state (assuming you aren't an Ohio resident) for one year and in-state tuition for three years. Plus the cost of living isn't even in the same ballpark.

I can't speak to the facilities at Loyola as I have never been there, but the facilities at Toledo are generally considered to be near the top. That's in terms of "niceness" and "newness" of the campus and the buildings on the campus. The oldest building here was built in the 70s.

The "Loyola" name isn't going to get you anything that the "Toledo" name won't. Believe it or not, name doesn't matter unless you go to one of the very top schools, and even then the difference is almost meaningless.

Chicago definitely beats out the city of Toledo, but I personally don't think it's worth the many, many thousands of dollars difference over four years.