Tony Robbins

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mmonte4

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm curious to hear a psychologist's take on him.

Members don't see this ad.

He was invited to the evolution of psychotherapy conference a while back. Apparently, he was the only one presenting without some kind of degree - his first presentation he was apparently booed off the stage (by 'professionals') before he even opened his mouth. There was a big stink about it and the organizer had to tell people why he had invited him and that they should give him a chance.

I actually went to his second talk out of curiosity and found him to be quite good. You can't deny that he has good intentions and that he does have positive effects on peoples lives (and there are some psychologists who believe he's legit).

I think you have to draw the line however, when he starts to endorse certain theories that he just doesn't have the knowledge or education to accurately judge (i.e. apparently he's big on NLP).

My 2 -cents

Members don't see this ad :)
Most $72,000 / yr psychologists don’t like those who make millions: Tony Robbins, Dr. Phil, etc.

PsychEval said:
Most $72,000 / yr psychologists don’t like those who make millions: Tony Robbins, Dr. Phil, etc.

It's not the money that is the issue; it is the quackery. No one seems to have much of a problem with Ted Millon and I assure you he is very VERY wealthy.

My opinion is the he is the ultimate salesman. He is a master in the psychology of persuasion- no one applying persuasion techniques better than this guy. He knows them all and executes them flawlessly.

Am I living in a cave or what? I have NO idea who this guy is. Someone care to fill me in?

clinpsychgirl said:
Am I living in a cave or what? I have NO idea who this guy is. Someone care to fill me in?

He claims to be the master in the psychology of leadership. Also, he claims to have cured phobics in minutes. And is able to change peoples lives in an instant.

www.anthonyrobbins.com