Too close to cancel?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

p30doc

Ever true and unwavering
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How close to an interview is too close to cancel? I'm considering canceling two that are about two weeks out.

Members don't see this ad.

Cancelling at the last minute is still vastly superior to not saying anything and just not showing up (which is extremely, extremely rude), but ideally you should give them enough time to invite someone else to fill the spot, so a few days notice at the very least. I'd say that 2 weeks is plenty of notice.

How close to an interview is too close to cancel? I'm considering canceling two that are about two weeks out.

If you're not going to show up, it's never "too late" to cancel an interview. If you're sure you're not going, cancel as soon as you know that. If you know that today, cancel today. If you know that next week, cancel then.

If you decide the morning of and just don't show up, I hope you don't Match.

I'd never just not show up. I wanted to make sure they would have time to give the spot to someone else or i would have just went. Thanks for the input guys.

2 weeks is plenty of time; one place I was on a waitlist on called with an opening 6 days from the call. Programs can usually find someone who can make it.