I know this topic has been beat to death, but I still think I need more information before I make a decision. I have a clear first-choice school, and was pleasantly surprised when they interviewed me, because my stats aren't as high as their averages. So I'd like to send a letter of intent, guaranteeing them I'd matriculate, and hopefully give my application some more serious consideration. I would only be sending this to ONE school, so I'm not worried about adcoms 'talking'. But I haven't heard anything since my interview (month ago). Is it too early to send one? Should I wait to see if I'm waitlisted? I just wondered if sending one early might boost an otherwise rejection into waitlist, or a waitlist into an acceptance. Yet I also worry it might make me sound desperate and actually negatively impact my application. Does anyone have success stories with this? Or failures? Thanks.