Too early to apply for summer jobs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fishey

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm planning to apply for a veterinary assistant job during the summer so I can get experience. Would it be too early for me to apply? I wanted to look for a job over winter break but now I have around 3 weeks left until I leave for college again.

Members don't see this ad.

It's never too early. You want them to have your resume on hand before the rest of the college kids start sending theirs out in the spring for their summer jobs. And don't be discouraged...I once dropped my resume off at a clinic with no openings and got a call from them a year later when the position was available.

Reactions: 1 user
Okay! I will be sure to do that. Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with pinkpuppy. The other thing you might do is express an interest in shadowing a few times before summer (evenings, Saturdays, days you have off from class). That way, when summer rolls around and they are looking for extra help, they already have a sense of your work ethic and you've developed a personal relationship. That will help move your resume to the top of the pile and distinguish you from all the other people who dropped theirs off.

Reactions: 3 users