Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Too early to ask questions about next year?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by drmoon, Apr 4, 2002.

1. drmoon

drmoon Senior Member

I'm applying for the 2003 class and have a question. I looked on the AMCAS and osteo application websites, but I'm still not sure when the deadline is to have all of the letters of reccomendation in. It seems like early to mid-June is the earliest that they'll take applications. Does anyone know when you can have the rec letters sent?

Thanks

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. algae

algae Senior Member

For osteo schools, you don't send in letters of rec with the primary application (not sure about AMCAS). When the schools you've applied to send you their secondary application, then you send in letters of rec. Some schools are very specific about letters (ie who there from, how many you can submit) so I wouldn't have any letters sent until you get the secondary. You could always call specific schools and ask if you can send them earlier. I applied to AACOMAS the first day you could submit the application (June 1), and I didn't get my secondaries until early to mid-August.

4. mpp

mpp SDN Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus

Resident [Any Field]
    AMCAS is the same. The schools will send you secondaries and ask for letters of recommendation. The letters are sent directly to the schools.

5. Doc AdamK in 2006

Doc AdamK in 2006 Now 2 year UB Med Doc

For the AAMCAS:
    My letter were sent by my school to the universities that I was sending secondaries to.

It really depend on the school that you are sending the letter to.

I would check with each indiviadual school.

AK

6. AnnaA

AnnaA Member

Don't send letters of rec in with your AMCAS or ACOMAS applications. They would just get lost. Schools will request them when they send you secondaries. Some schools have specific forms or formats they want the person to fill out about you. So just wait until you get secondaries.

7. drmoon

drmoon Senior Member

Thanks to everyone!

8. whatsup

whatsup Junior Member

drmoon, some school requires LOR be printed on its stationary. So, if you should decide to apply to MSU-COM, you might have to do your LOR all over again. Most school do not want you to send LOR until you fill out the secondary.