im4eye

optometry hopeful
5+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2010
Illinois
Status
Optometry Student
what say people? I haven't got any response yet from ICO and PCO. how long do they take usually to respond once you have submitted the application?

Arctic

PCO Class of 2014
Aug 16, 2009
Status
Optometry Student
Well, anyone who is applying for this cycle and has yet to receive any interviews is unlikely to be accepted.

JennieJoy

ICO 2014!
Feb 23, 2010
Chicago
Status
Pre-Optometry
I submitted my optomcas application feb 4. ICO sent me an email saying I got selected to fill out the supplemental application about -10 days later. I submitted that right away by snail mail and received my interview invite via e-mail as well on march 2.

im4eye

optometry hopeful
5+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2010
Illinois
Status
Optometry Student
well, I applied very late in the cycle but I don't want to lose hope. though I can't stop thinking about not being accepted. wasting a year is something I really don't want to do at all. well I guess I will wait couple more days and then call them.

physicslover

7+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2009
Status
Pre-Optometry
well, I applied very late in the cycle but I don't want to lose hope. though I can't stop thinking about not being accepted. wasting a year is something I really don't want to do at all. well I guess I will wait couple more days and then call them.

i think PCO usually sends out something stating things that may be missing from your file. even though some of them actually aren't in some cases. try calling them, last time i called they said they were currently reviewing and I would get a letter to tell me what things that i was missing.