Too early to start prepping for April?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Faith

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

My first post! I think I'll try to be a regular around here, hopefully it'll keep me honest in studying for April.

Do you all think it's too early to start preparing for April? Everyone keeps telling me that I'll burn out by April if I start now, but I'm doubtful. FWIW, I took the August MCAT, scored a miserable 26 (sob), 11V, 8B, 7P, WS-Q. :( I know...I suck. I think I'll retake it in April, with the help of Princeton or Kaplan, and I think the classes start January-like. Do you all recommend one over the other?

Thanks, and best of luck to each and every one of you. Here's hoping that all this work is worth it. :)

Best,
Faith

Members don't see this ad.

Hey kiddo....

I can tell you with all honesty that now is NOT TOO EARLY to start prepping. As far as review services go, I researched Kaplan Princeton, the works........ and I chose KAplan. Which was a very smart move in my opinion. They have what they call "training libraries" where you go for class, and they have more review materials than you could ever hope to get through. It's a $1200 kick in the head but worth every cent in my opinion. I went for an 18(on an AAMC practice) to a 30(10, 10, Q, 10). Worth every cent if you ask me, nad I started prepping in September the year before. I treated it like it was just another college class, and that worked out for me. Let me know if you have any other questions about Kaplan. Where do you live?

I started studying as soon as I saw my MCAT score from the Aug test last week--lower than your, BTW. Also, you got a really good verbal score, so your 26 is kind of a strong 26.

I don't think it's ever too early to start studying. Just don't burn yourself out. If you feel you are, then take a few days break. You can afford to if you start prepping this early.

I know this is all "basic", but I just thought I'd tell you anyways.

;)