Too Early to start studying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

osumc2014

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am taking a Kaplan class now and I plan to take the Jan exam, however, it seems the students in my class are either taking it Aug or Sep, and the class is designed around the two, will I be prepared too early for the test then? I feel like I would forget all the stuff if I peak in September.

Members don't see this ad.

I think you should ask to switch classes to an Oct-Jan course. It's not really too early to start studying, but your Kaplan online access will expire before you take the test. My suggestion would be to reschedule your course and focus on content review for the months leading up to the course. Then, once you start in Oct, you can pound away at doing mainly practice problems and tests for 3 months which will put you in a good position come MCAT time.

I guess I am just apprehensive about taking the test in September, because I feel like that since I have not taken biochem, physiology and classes like that, I will not be as prepared. But I realized that after Kaplan diagnostic that I had forgotten most of the prereqs that I had taken earlier. Now I am considering just finishing the class now and taking it in September, but I do not know if that is the right direction, if anyone had any experience in taking it w/o the upper level classes, your responses would be very helpful. Thanks!

I guess I am just apprehensive about taking the test in September, because I feel like that since I have not taken biochem, physiology and classes like that, I will not be as prepared. But I realized that after Kaplan diagnostic that I had forgotten most of the prereqs that I had taken earlier. Now I am considering just finishing the class now and taking it in September, but I do not know if that is the right direction, if anyone had any experience in taking it w/o the upper level classes, your responses would be very helpful. Thanks!

I just started Kaplan as well. Most of the students(including myself) have test dates in august and september(me). However I have no qualms about taking it in January if I'm not up to par.. but hopefully I will be.