• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

ivypremed14

10+ Year Member
Sep 25, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
So next semester, i was thinking about taking orgo, physics, and physio along with an easy psych class. i'm a sophomore but want to be able to take the mcats in august to go abroad. also doing research, working as an emt, playing a club sport, and mentoring. any opinions? has anyone else done this? my advisor said to go for it, but he isn't worried about applying...

Law2Doc

5K+ Member
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
ivypremed14 said:
So next semester, i was thinking about taking orgo, physics, and physio along with an easy psych class. i'm a sophomore but want to be able to take the mcats in august to go abroad. also doing research, working as an emt, playing a club sport, and mentoring. any opinions? has anyone else done this? my advisor said to go for it, but he isn't worried about applying...
It totally depends on the kind of student you are. For some, this would be a recipe for failure, for others, a walk in the park.

Pretty POHA

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2005
Lakewood, CO
www.perilouslyprecocious.com
Status
Pre-Medical
ivypremed14 said:
Grades are usually a reflection of effort, so as long as you really put your nose to the grind stone. Go for it!

About the Ads