Too kissa$$??? Need your honest opinion, HELP!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zealous

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to a med school I'm waitlisted at to drop off a letter. Is it too kissa$$ to bring something to the staff who I have found to be very helpful? i.e. fruitbasket or something along those lines. Or would it be less kissa$$ to send something after I go? Let me know if you think it's too kissa$$ to do it at all. If you don't think it is then, what would you think is appropraite? Thanks guys. Scooby, I already know your answer. :D

Members don't see this ad.

Yea that is pretty lame, and I'd probably laugh at you after you walked out the door.

But it might work, who knows.

a fruitbasket is sort of lame, i agree. just go, drop off the letter make small talk and be bubbly. thats all you need to do. anything beyond that will look desperate and wont help your situation much.

Members don't see this ad :)
It is always a good idea to show people at the admin that you are sincerely interested in their school, but giving them gift may seem a little bit too much. Besides, the people may think you are trying to bribe them, which will not be a good idea at all.

Personally I would not want to take risk like that. Sending a thank you letter to the admission director and/or your interviewer is more than enough IMHO. I didn't send MCW anything at all other than a letter telling them about my recent volunteer & shadowing experience as an update to my file.

If you really feel like you want to thank those people, send them gift after you get accepted just to be safe.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by zealous:
•I'm going to a med school I'm waitlisted at to drop off a letter. Is it too kissa$$ to bring something to the staff who I have found to be very helpful? i.e. fruitbasket or something along those lines. Or would it be less kissa$$ to send something after I go? Let me know if you think it's too kissa$$ to do it at all. If you don't think it is then, what would you think is appropraite? Thanks guys. Scooby, I already know your answer. :D •••••are you driving down to LA to do that? a Stanford med student suggested that I go to UCLA's office in person, but I'm still not sure.