Too late for 3 year HPSP or Not qualify?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Allons-y

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have recently been accepted to dental school and will start this Fall 2017. I figure I'm late for the 4 years program but want to try for the 3 year HPSP scholarship. However, I can't get in touch with a recruiter who can help me. My GPA is 3.46 and DAT is 23.
  • Army recruiter: Still waiting for his email reply. It's been 2 weeks.
  • Airforce recruiter: Stop emailing me after I told him my GPA and DAT. (Maybe he forgot so I'm trying to contact him again....?)
  • Navy recruiter: "There is unfortunately no three year program to apply to. The three year scholarships are filled with wait listed four year applicants every year."
What do you recommend I do next?
Am I too late and should give up?
Is my stats too low?
Should I try to find another recruiter from another town?

Members don't see this ad.

You won't know unless you try, and it's not too late. You got until August for the Air Force and December for the Army this year if I am not mistaken. I would suggest getting their numbers and calling or emailing again.

Reactions: 1 user
You technically do not have to use the recruiter in your location. Try a different recruiting office. I met a guy at meps doing his with a recruiter almost 2000 miles away

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, feel free to message me about the 3-yr Army HPSP. Yes, definitely too late for the 4-yr but possibly still an option for the 3-yr. The 3-yr selection board is held around October for the Army.

I have recently been accepted to dental school and will start this Fall 2017. I figure I'm late for the 4 years program but want to try for the 3 year HPSP scholarship. However, I can't get in touch with a recruiter who can help me. My GPA is 3.46 and DAT is 23.
  • Army recruiter: Still waiting for his email reply. It's been 2 weeks.
  • Airforce recruiter: Stop emailing me after I told him my GPA and DAT. (Maybe he forgot so I'm trying to contact him again....?)
  • Navy recruiter: "There is unfortunately no three year program to apply to. The three year scholarships are filled with wait listed four year applicants every year."
What do you recommend I do next?
Am I too late and should give up?
Is my stats too low?
Should I try to find another recruiter from another town?

Inbox me if you want more information. You are correct you are too late for the four year.

Thank you for your replies. I was able to reach out to a medical recruiter from the Army office near my home! Just waiting for her to email me information on starting my own application for the 3 years program. October is a long way from now but it doesn't hurt to get started now.