Too Late for April?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amy73

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi..
Is it too late to start studying for April? Or should i be thinking about august?
I made a 23P in August 04. (9vr, 8 bs, 6ps)

I think i need to work on PS where i scored a 6...
Bye
Amy

Members don't see this ad.

amy73 said:
Hi..
Is it too late to start studying for April? Or should i be thinking about august?
I made a 23P in August 04. (9vr, 8 bs, 6ps)

I think i need to work on PS where i scored a 6...
Bye
Amy

I really think that you need to take the August MCAT. April is right around the corner, I would wait, enroll in some course or do a lot of self studying with at least 3 months, but you might want to invest a lot more time saying you scored a 6 on the PS.

Cozmosis said:
There is certainly enough time. Start now, though. PS is very tough to bring up, my practice tests have been low (and I'm a Chem major!)

Coz,

what would you consider a low practice mcat score? What course are you taking?

KlimtO :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
EK suggests a 10 week study schedule, so if you start now with their material and follow their schedule, you should be fine. :thumbup:

But on another note, don't retake if you arent prepared. It doesnt look good to ADCOMs to see little to no improvement on an MCAT retake.

SanDiegoSOD said:
EK suggests a 10 week study schedule, so if you start now with their material and follow their schedule, you should be fine. :thumbup:

Where can I get that 10 week schedule, I just ordered the books - I might be too late but it will be good for August either way...

Monkey12 said:
Where can I get that 10 week schedule, I just ordered the books - I might be too late but it will be good for August either way...

I'm starting on Monday. Hopefully, two solid months will be enough.

Monkey12 said:
good to hear, what materials are you using?

I have all of the EK, PR, and Kaplan materials. I plan to mainly use PR, and supplement with the others as needed.

I'm in a nearly identical situation - got a 24R (11V-8B-5P) in August and just started the Examkrackers schedule on Monday. So far it's been pretty breezy and I don't feel nearly as stressed as I did last time. I like these materials so much more than Kaplan's.