1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Too late for ED?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Doc.Holliday, Jul 16, 2006.

1. Doc.Holliday

Doc.Holliday Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

If I submit AMCAS in the next two days or so (and have transcripts overnighted tomorrow also) will i meet the August 1st deadline? or is the deadline just for submission and not to have everything verified?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. rajad10

rajad10 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    despite the amcas, you should worry about the secondary deadlines, which i believe are August 15th. If you don't get verified fast, you won't get secondaries fast and therefore won't make the LOR and secondary deadline

4. Doc.Holliday

5+ Year Member

I already have the secondary for the school to which I'm applying, so no problem there.. and their deadline is Sept 1st.

5. rajad10

rajad10 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    oh okay, nevermind then

6. str8flexed

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Good question. Who really knows. The school may be a little lenient if they receive an EDP application on September 4th, I mean why would they be an dingus?

7. Darkshooter326

Darkshooter326 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I'd have to say no, even if you overnight the transcripts tomorrow, it will take another week for AMCAS to acknowledge receipt of transcripts, and only then will it be placed in line for review. Then it probably takes at least another week, probably 2 for it to be verified. That's my impression of the timelines. :sleep:

8. Doc.Holliday

5+ Year Member

Just in case anyone else was wondering, ive found the answer.

Its not too late. All materials the online app and transcripts must be in amcas' hands by august 1st, no need to be verified on the 1st. Seems that they probably put ED apps in a special pile and make sure they are verified and submitted to schools in time etc.