Too late for ED?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doc.Holliday

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I submit AMCAS in the next two days or so (and have transcripts overnighted tomorrow also) will i meet the August 1st deadline? or is the deadline just for submission and not to have everything verified?

Members don't see this ad.

Doc.Holliday said:
If I submit AMCAS in the next two days or so (and have transcripts overnighted tomorrow also) will i meet the August 1st deadline? or is the deadline just for submission and not to have everything verified?

despite the amcas, you should worry about the secondary deadlines, which i believe are August 15th. If you don't get verified fast, you won't get secondaries fast and therefore won't make the LOR and secondary deadline

rajad10 said:
despite the amcas, you should worry about the secondary deadlines, which i believe are August 15th. If you don't get verified fast, you won't get secondaries fast and therefore won't make the LOR and secondary deadline

I already have the secondary for the school to which I'm applying, so no problem there.. and their deadline is Sept 1st.

Members don't see this ad :)
Doc.Holliday said:
I already have the secondary for the school to which I'm applying, so no problem there.. and their deadline is Sept 1st.

oh okay, nevermind then

Doc.Holliday said:
Good question. Who really knows. The school may be a little lenient if they receive an EDP application on September 4th, I mean why would they be an dingus?

Doc.Holliday said:
If I submit AMCAS in the next two days or so (and have transcripts overnighted tomorrow also) will i meet the August 1st deadline?

I'd have to say no, even if you overnight the transcripts tomorrow, it will take another week for AMCAS to acknowledge receipt of transcripts, and only then will it be placed in line for review. Then it probably takes at least another week, probably 2 for it to be verified. That's my impression of the timelines. :sleep:

Just in case anyone else was wondering, ive found the answer.

Its not too late. All materials the online app and transcripts must be in amcas' hands by august 1st, no need to be verified on the 1st. Seems that they probably put ED apps in a special pile and make sure they are verified and submitted to schools in time etc.