May 26, 2016
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
I wanted to submit my application to few more schools and I was wondering whether it would be worth it. Would it be too late in the cycle? I know some people aren't complete until the end of August. Would appreciate any feedback!

peridotthecat

2+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2016
Status
Medical Student
if you're complete by labor day, you're fine.

for future questions, may I recommend the search function? pretty sure there's another thread on the first page asking the same thing

OP
A
May 26, 2016
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
if you're complete by labor day, you're fine.

for future questions, may I recommend the search function? pretty sure there's another thread on the first page asking the same thing
Thanks! I looked on the first page really fast, but I guess I didn't see it!

Reactions: peridotthecat

Dagrimsta1

Current Representation of MS-3
5+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2014
New York
Status
Medical Student
Im not complete yet, plan to send out on sept 5 lol when i get my MCAT score!

DameJulie

2+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
I haven't completed most of my schools yet. From what I have read on SDN, we are still on time atm (being average being completed late Aug/early Sept).

gonnif

Only 389 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
I haven't completed most of my schools yet. From what I have read on SDN, we are still on time atm (being average being completed late Aug/early Sept).
Figure mid to late Sept starting to get rather late

bornunderatree

2+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2016
I added five more schools this week after seeking advice from the folks here. From my research August applications are fairly average from a timing perspective.

DameJulie

2+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Figure mid to late Sept starting to get rather late
Thank you. How do you see the "late rather than never" philosophy? My plan is to add the school by batches, filling out secondaries first with the priority schools (in-state). Hopefully the whole process will be done by mid-end Sept.

gonnif

Only 389 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
Thank you. How do you see the "late rather than never" philosophy? My plan is to add the school by batches, filling out secondaries first with the priority schools (in-state). Hopefully the whole process will be done by mid-end Sept.
You chances get reduced as the cycle moves on, if for nothing else, as the finite number of interview slots get filled and rolling admissions spots get filled. How much and to what what extent is entirely speculative and is specific to candidate and school.