Too late for NYMC??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

metalmd06

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been complete since the end of September and have had no news thus far from the school. I know NYMC interviews late, but I really hope that it is not the end of the rope for me. I still have completed applications at NYCOM and AECOM, but I would really like a chance to interview at NYMC. I wrote a very aggressive letter detailing my interest, clinical experience and explained some of the chinks in my armor. Is there still hope?

Members don't see this ad.

interviews are still out there. there is still hope..

I have been complete since the end of September and have had no news thus far from the school. I know NYMC interviews late, but I really hope that it is not the end of the rope for me. I still have completed applications at NYCOM and AECOM, but I would really like a chance to interview at NYMC. I wrote a very aggressive letter detailing my interest, clinical experience and explained some of the chinks in my armor. Is there still hope?

I was complete at NYMC in late Sept/Early Oct and got an interview only two weeks back...dont worry show interest in the school and they will give invite.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea, last year I got a late interview invite from NYMC too. I don't remember exactly when, but it was definitely past January. I sent updates to all of my schools at the start of January letting them know about my grades, what I've been up to, and that I'm still interested in them. An update can't hurt. Good luck.

I just got an interview invite, and they have interview dates available throughout March, 4 days a week, so there are plenty of slots out there.

Big Redder, if you don't mind, when were you complete and when did you get the invite?

I was complete late September/early October and got an interview invitation today. Don't worry - I think they finally got to us! :luck:

I was complete on November 1st (they didn't download my letters until I emailed...), and I got the invite 1.5 hours ago.

same here(got an interview an hour ago), but I was complete on 11/6 got an invite today... they have many spots available through march... also keep in mind that their class is relatively big around 190 ppl if i am not wrong and many people won't go there cause its expensive so you still got a shot...
me? i'd run there if they'll take me:D

well I was complete on 10/19. Either they haven't gotten to me yet in the pile, or I'm f'ed because I haven't recieved anything yet. keeping my fingers crossed... and I will be checking my email all. day. long.

I was complete mid-September, received an interview in early November and interviewed in early January. The admissions office may be moving more slowly than other places--we were told to wait about 12 weeks(!) for any news.

NYMC is very slow... I had my application finished at the end of August and I had my interview just after new years.

Considering that they are handing out interviews now for people around the same vicinity as me for dates of completion and I haven't heard anything, I really think I am f'ed. Some even got interview invites today, which means the committee met sometime this week. I have my email account up permanently at work and I am refreshing it every hour or so. This is killing me....

Members don't see this ad :)
Consider this: people have been rejected by NYMC and you haven't. Good sign!!!

I'm a first year at NYMC. Last year I was complete in the middle of October, but they still want to see fall grades. In late Feb they offered me an interview. I didn't have the interview until April 23. Surprisingly I wasn't waitlisted that late and was accepted in early May. So if you still haven't heard from them there's still hope. Good luck to all of the applicants.
-NYMC 1st year

I don't know if there is any truth to this, but I've heard on this forum that the Adcom meets on wednesday. So, hopefully some of those in the same boat as me will hear tommorow or Friday. It's getting dreadfully late and I am a marginal candidate. I have good EC's a below average GPA and an average MCAT, by NYMC standards. Here's to hope...

I'm a first year at NYMC. Last year I was complete in the middle of October, but they still want to see fall grades. In late Feb they offered me an interview. I didn't have the interview until April 23. Surprisingly I wasn't waitlisted that late and was accepted in early May. So if you still haven't heard from them there's still hope. Good luck to all of the applicants.
-NYMC 1st year
your posting gives me some hope! would you mind if i ask what your stats were (MCAT breakdown and GPA?)

Well I haven't heard anything from NYMC since being complete in late August.

It would be nice to hear from them because I would really like to interview there.

It seems there are still many spots to go around. Also, I heard their waitlist moves a ton, so even if you don't get accepted outright, then you still may have a good shot. Obviously this is different from year to year but the trend seems to move in that direction. I've been complete since early october and I guess it is good news that I have yet to be rejected because they have already handed them out. It worries me though because a student on MDapps with similar stats as mine was complete in October and was rejected right around this time, mid to late february. Keeping my fingers crossed :thumbup:

Keeping my fingers crossed for y'all! I just want to remind everyone that NYMC admits that they take awhile to get through the applications. This has been reiterated with students with whom I have talked.

I just withdrew from my interview, I hope it goes to one of you guys. Good luck!

BigRedder, I call Dibs!

I sure as hell hope its me because I can't stand the waiting any longer!

Please let that slot go to me :)

I just interviewed there last week even tho it is a great campus I can't see myself there, I am sure I will be withdrawing good luck all

those of you getting interviews recently.. what are your stats?

another shot from Dr. Midnight! Keep 'em coming folks, there are some of us out here with a shred of hope left!

I just got an invite!!!!

I received a nice, fat rejection letter in the mail last week. Good luck to the rest of you all who recieved interviews!

nice! congrats on your invites...has your status page changed at all?

Got an invite today as well. I was pretty surprised they're still sending invites so close to march, but it looks like there's still hope.

I got the second transcript request from them today, via email. I already sent them an official transcript. I guess they didnt recieve it...

Got an invite today as well. I was pretty surprised they're still sending invites so close to march, but it looks like there's still hope.

Haha, I declined my invite yesterday. I am glad I was able to help someone out ;-)

I just got an interview invite...well I mean today!!! Keep hopin ...well I got into my top school so I will decline and let you in..Goodluck!!!

I just scheduled my interview and my options were only 3/25-4/3.
Although they interview until April, if they only interview until April 3rd, today's batch of invites could very well be the last. Perhaps somebody else that got invited today could weigh in on this. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Just got my invite to interview today, although I'm thinking of not going since I already got accepted into Jefferson. What do you guys think?

For those of you who got invites recently, what are your stats (if you don't mind sharing) and when were yall complete? I've been complete since late September and haven't heard anything :( Did you guys call regularly or send updates/interest letters or anything? Thanks! I REALLY want an invite there!!

Hey. Yea, they are still sending invites. I just got mine today, and I declined because I am looking at some other schools. Maybe you'll get that interview spot!! Good luck!! My friend goes there and she loves it!

definitely still interviewing; i've been done since august and i got my invite yesterday. don't lose hope!

i actually think nymc has a reputation for interviewing very very late.

Just got an invite yesterday! 28Q 3.6 OOS

Man I'm jealous of all of you guys that got late interviews. I thought I had a good shot...:( Good luck tho...

I withdrew today so maybe a spot opened up for one of you.

got an invite yesterday...currently at the georgetown SMP...3.2 undergrad, 3.95 SMP, 35N...interviewing march 18th, anyone else that day?

They deflowered my buddy's interview invite virginity yesterday...Also, word is their waitlist movement is truly something to behold:luck:

I would love to get an interview!

Two of my friends got in and my roommate is interviewing in a few weeks.

I think it would be a lot of fun to go there.

I would love to get accepted to NYMC :eek:

If it makes you guys feel better, I just got an interview invite yesterday.

I got an interview invite 2 days ago too. For everyone still waiting; there is HOPE!

yeah, I got an interview invite as well. I withdrew it though. good luck everyone!