1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Too late for SMP or Post-Bacc?

Discussion in 'Postbaccalaureate Programs' started by manogamez, May 28, 2008.

1. manogamez

manogamez New Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hello everyone. I just finished my last year at UPENN with a 3.1 GPA (BSE in Bioengineering) and a 37 MCAT and have decided to strengthen my academic record before applying to med school. I am 20 years old.

I've finished all but two of my med school requirements (I recieved two C-'s in two bio classes) and, as stated above, have already completed the MCAT.

I've read up on SMPs and Post-baccs and would be open to either given that the program of interest can be completed in 1 year (or allows me to take enough classes before applying to med). However, I've discovered that many of the deadlines for the programs have already passed and I really would like to apply to medical schools next summer.

Am I out of options or are there still programs for me that I can apply for, specifically in California and Philadelphia?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. LynnKat

LynnKat Member
    5+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    When I did a post bacc a few years ago to take Vet School pre reqs I applied to Penn in June, and from what I can tell the deadline for Fall admission is still July 15, so if you want to stay where you are that would be a possibility. I know Drexel's SMP deadline has passed, but I think the Post Bac is still open, though I don't know much about that particular program. Good Luck!