Too late to add more schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gsquared

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I'm applying to 10 schools this cycle with a 3.7 O/S GPA and a 21 AA. I have two interview invites already, but a few experiences have made me realize that I would rather spend next year pursuing a career in dentistry instead of continuing the path I'm on.

I applied two days after AADSAS opened, but I'm starting to second guess myself. I'm thinking about adding Case Western and Temple (OOS at both) to increase my chances, but I'm not sure if it is too late in this cycle already. Thoughts and/or advice would be much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi everybody,

I'm applying to 10 schools this cycle with a 3.7 O/S GPA and a 21 AA. I have two interview invites already, but a few experiences at work have made me realize that I would rather spend next year pursuing a career in dentistry.

I applied two days after AADSAS opened, but I'm starting to second guess myself. I'm thinking about adding Case Western and Temple (OOS at both) to increase my chances, but I'm not sure if it is too late in this cycle already. Thoughts and/or advice would be much appreciated.
I wouldn't say it's too late to add schools, but with your stats you should be fine unless you only applied to reach schools. Plus you have 2 interviews already. Ignore what you read here, you have more than most people and it isn't even September! Also I'm a bit confused as to what you mean by a few work experiences made you realize you want to spend the next year pursuing dentistry. You mean you weren't set on going to dental school but now you are so you want to add more schools to increase your chances of being accepted? I don't think that's what you meant but that's the only way I'm able to interpret it lol

Sorry for the confusing nature of my post. I am currently working, and I meant to say that I want to increase my chances of being accepted. Thanks for the kind and encouraging words, but I'm starting to get nervous that I haven't heard from many of the schools that I considered solid matches.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry for the confusing nature of my post. I am currently working, and I meant to say that I want to increase my chances of being accepted. Thanks for the kind and encouraging words, but I'm starting to get nervous that I haven't heard from many of the schools that I considered solid matches.
Assuming the rest of your app is okay, I'm still sure you have no reason to worry this early. If you add more schools I bet you'll hear back from the ones you're waiting on now before the new ones even start reviewing your app

its just early septemeber, some people have not even been verified yet. you can absolutely add more schools now.

P.S: I start to have cold feet too

Reactions: 1 user
Don't do it. It's August 31. People apply in October and get interviews pre-december. Just relax.