Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Too late to add school?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by bootz, Dec 5, 2005.

1. bootz

bootz Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Hey everybody. I've been trying to get over my OCD and I feel like if I am not doing something application-related I am not being productive. I've sent in all of my secondaries, but now I feel like I should be doing more like applying to more schools. I took the MCAT in Aug, so I am already in the wave that arrived in November.

Should I? Or is it too late to even bother?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. madonna

madonna Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    i think its late unless you have great stats. i am also aug mcater, with very avg stats and 0 interviews i've been invited to makes me feel that even 2 months ago was late. so i am saving my energy for next year.
    good luck

4. bootz

bootz Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Yeah, I feel your pain. I've been waiting for some sign from the adcoms since the end of october when I completed most of my secondaries. So far I've gotten 2 rejections so things aren't looking too good at this point. My stats are far from great (as compared to some of the folks here on SDN) but I figure that I'll feel better if I take two more chances at acceptance, especially if the current trend continues into January...

5. madonna

madonna Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    cant make things worse good luck

6. jbone

jbone Herro!
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    You should have sold your first born child/house/car/wife like I did and applied to 30+ schools. YIPPIE!! (I'm so lonely/broke/my feet hurt) :(
    But like the previous post, it can't get any worse. Add those suckas! Good luck. :thumbup: