bootz

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2005
Stumptown
Status
Hey everybody. I've been trying to get over my OCD and I feel like if I am not doing something application-related I am not being productive. I've sent in all of my secondaries, but now I feel like I should be doing more like applying to more schools. I took the MCAT in Aug, so I am already in the wave that arrived in November.

Should I? Or is it too late to even bother?

madonna

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2005
los angeles
Status
Medical Student
LT8R said:
Hey everybody. I've been trying to get over my OCD and I feel like if I am not doing something application-related I am not being productive. I've sent in all of my secondaries, but now I feel like I should be doing more like applying to more schools. I took the MCAT in Aug, so I am already in the wave that arrived in November.

Should I? Or is it too late to even bother?
i think its late unless you have great stats. i am also aug mcater, with very avg stats and 0 interviews i've been invited to makes me feel that even 2 months ago was late. so i am saving my energy for next year.
good luck

bootz

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2005
Stumptown
Status
Yeah, I feel your pain. I've been waiting for some sign from the adcoms since the end of october when I completed most of my secondaries. So far I've gotten 2 rejections so things aren't looking too good at this point. My stats are far from great (as compared to some of the folks here on SDN) but I figure that I'll feel better if I take two more chances at acceptance, especially if the current trend continues into January...

About the Ads

madonna

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2005
los angeles
Status
Medical Student
LT8R said:
Yeah, I feel your pain. I've been waiting for some sign from the adcoms since the end of october when I completed most of my secondaries. So far I've gotten 2 rejections so things aren't looking too good at this point. My stats are far from great (as compared to some of the folks here on SDN) but I figure that I'll feel better if I take two more chances at acceptance, especially if the current trend continues into January...
cant make things worse good luck

jbone

Herro!
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2005
Some freakin corn field in Iowa
Status
Resident [Any Field]
You should have sold your first born child/house/car/wife like I did and applied to 30+ schools. YIPPIE!! (I'm so lonely/broke/my feet hurt) :(
But like the previous post, it can't get any worse. Add those suckas! Good luck. :thumbup:

About the Ads