Too late to apply for HPSP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

madiso30

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm starting school in August. Would now be too late for 4 year HPSP scholarships?

Members don't see this ad.

No, you can make it. I applied last year and didn't get my packet in until May. Are you active duty?

Members don't see this ad :)
It's also going to depend on how many slots are left, which can vary year to year. But if you want to do it, you don't have much time to put your packet together.

So I'm starting school in August. Would now be too late for 4 year HPSP scholarships?

Are you familiar with the FAP? You do med school on your own, match into residency, then apply. They pay you a stipend plus a yearly bonus (on top of your civilian pay). You then owe 1 for 1 plus 1 I believe.

Mil med is kinda in the middle of sorting out some coked up general officer's cool idea to hand the keys over to DHA and there's a lot of things in flux.

They should have figured their nonsense out in 3 years and you'd have a better picture of what you were getting into.

Just a thought

I’ve been trying to apply to HPSP but I am finishing up a course of accutane. The representative that I am working with informed me that I have to be off treatment for 6 months before I can apply. I have read elsewhere online and for my usuhs interview I was informed that 3 months was sufficient. Can anyone shed some light on what I can do?