Too late to apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I talked with the dean and there are no open spots. Theyre interviewing for waitlist openings. He also said if you interview and they really really like you, but you stay on the waitlist, they sometimes will automatically accept that person for the following fall. But as of now, there are no openings for this coming fall

Thanks for the reply. Clears up confusion.

Members don't see this ad.

~

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I submitted my application on May 31st and the transcript was mailed out on the same day. I have all the LORs except for my podiatrist. Should I send the two that I have anyway to each school or just wait until I receive the last one this weekend? I know it's really late to apply but I kept reading that a bunch of these schools had spots open so I decided to give it a chance. Crossing my fingers!
Go ahead and send the others and send the pod letter when it's in. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my application on May 31st and the transcript was mailed out on the same day. I have all the LORs except for my podiatrist. Should I send the two that I have anyway to each school or just wait until I receive the last one this weekend? I know it's really late to apply but I kept reading that a bunch of these schools had spots open so I decided to give it a chance. Crossing my fingers!

I would def. advise you to send your app in asap. Some schools have already filled in their seats like AZCOM but there are plenty still accepting applications. Even though the Pod letter isn't in, its much easier to update schools with an additional letters while they start processing your application.

Yeah I applied to all except AZPOD. Just waiting for all the other schools to receive the materials. The transcript was mailed yesterday and the letters are through interfolio so they should be instant. What do you think the turn around rate will be with hearing back for interviews?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yeah I applied to all except AZPOD. Just waiting for all the other schools to receive the materials. The transcript was mailed yesterday and the letters are through interfolio so they should be instant. What do you think the turn around rate will be with hearing back for interviews?

Some schools will get back within a few days while others may take a few weeks. It all varies. Did you call with the schools to make sure they had seats available?

Yeah I spoke with a few of them and then just read what everyone else was saying on this thread

Can you share which schools you spoke to? That way, others interested will also know which ones are full as of now.

Can you share which schools you spoke to? That way, others interested will also know which ones are full as of now.
I know for sure these schools still have spots: CSPM, Western, Kent, Temple, NYCPM, Scholl, and Barry.

I have heard from Midwestern and they still contact me to release my MCAT for interview, but I have heard they have taken deposits for all their seats. Have not heard from DMU since my incomplete email, but they put me on hold until after my MCAT score is in.

Hello all,

First post here, but have been a long-time lurker. Just to piggy-back on the previous posts, I've had the plan of applying first thing next cycle; however, after reading many threads and posts that share the same sentiment as the ones found here, I was wondering whether I should just go ahead and apply now. The only real hitch would be to move forward one of the prereq classes that I had planned to take in the fall to this summer (Physics II). It would be a hectic schedule, no doubt, but I thought I'd try to get some opinions if that's be okay.

Here are some stats if that's helpful at all:

oGPA: 3.38
sGPA: 3.62
BCP: 3.72
Post-Bac: ~3.8
MCAT: Still awaiting scores, but fairly confident that I got within an acceptable range.
Shadowing: 220+ hours with several podiatrists, with 20-30 scrubbing in the OR.
LORs: two submitted - one from a pod, another from an A&P prof, and waiting on one more from a chem prof.
Volunteerism: lots of hours throughout high school and undergrad, but few since then /:

Another hurdle might be that my wife and I would need to move a fair distance to any school that I could potentially get into. Anyway, any and all opinons would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Hello all,

First post here, but have been a long-time lurker. Just to piggy-back on the previous posts, I've had the plan of applying first thing next cycle; however, after reading many threads and posts that share the same sentiment as the ones found here, I was wondering whether I should just go ahead and apply now. The only real hitch would be to move forward one of the prereq classes that I had planned to take in the fall to this summer (Physics II). It would be a hectic schedule, no doubt, but I thought I'd try to get some opinions if that's be okay.

MCAT: Still awaiting scores, but fairly confident that I got within an acceptable range.
LORs: two submitted - one from a pod, another from an A&P prof, and waiting on one more from a chem prof.
Volunteerism: lots of hours throughout high school and undergrad, but few since then /:

Another hurdle might be that my wife and I would need to move a fair distance to any school that I could potentially get into. Anyway, any and all opinons would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
You will need physics 2 by matriculation.

Right. That's why the plan would be to move it up to the summer if I were to proceed with applications this cycle.

Hello all,

You will probably get accepted to most schools, if the schools aren't already filled. It's doable, but yeah it looks like it's going to be very hectic. You have to get your app in, as well as all of your recommendation letters really fast. Then arrange and plan for interviews. Then you have to plan on which school you want to go and deal with fafsa and housing and all the other tedious things to do once you get accepted. At the same time you will be taking physics II. I think it's doable, but your summer will be hell LOL. But, at the end of the day it's your call and your choice.

Right. That's why the plan would be to move it up to the summer if I were to proceed with applications this cycle.

If you have the time, I would take it.

Take physics while working to save up some money and planning your interviews/moving logistics/employment for your wife.

Your GPA and stats are superb, they will not change. The time for logistics is what you do not have if you proceed to rush this cycle.

Take with a grain of salt. Go with your gut but plan carefully once you do.
It is hard to justify another gap year after getting through undergrad + post-bac. I respect your patience, but do not rush anything when you are so close to the finish line.
With your stats you are guaranteed an interview and a few acceptances.

Thank you all for the insight! Taking time to make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible is probably the way to go, I agree.

If I started filling out the application now, but wasn't going to submit until after August for fall of 2018, does the information carry over? Or is it just gonna erase everything when the application opens up again August 1st?

If it DOES carry over, if I request my LOR's and my transcripts this week, will those also carry over as being verified so that I can submit August 1st?

If I started filling out the application now, but wasn't going to submit until after August for fall of 2018, does the information carry over? Or is it just gonna erase everything when the application opens up again August 1st?

If it DOES carry over, if I request my LOR's and my transcripts this week, will those also carry over as being verified so that I can submit August 1st?
Unless there was a recent policy change, the application service will only carry over information to the next cycle if your application is submitted this cycle, otherwise it will all be erased.

Sent from my Pixel using SDN mobile

I have a quick question. It looks like I'll be applying for school next march/April and I was wondering if thats too late for me to apply. My GPA is a 3.63 and I assume I won't bomb the MCAT. Any comments would be appreciated!

I have all letters uploaded there already. How do I submit them to schools? Whenever I click submit, its asking for the email the school wants the LORs at. I might not be doing this correctly.
go to "deliveries" then at the bottom left corner there should be a "search for opportunities" and type in "podiatric". the schools should appear and you can send it through there.