Too Late to Apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SocialJusticeWarrior

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted to AMCAS in June and was verified July 1st, however I could only afford to apply to 7 schools. I now have money to apply to a few more, but I'm wondering if it's too late? Are there certain schools I should definitely avoid at this point in that it would merely be a "donation"? Any input would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

If your verified now, with money, and most importantly, if you can write several more secondaries in a highly polished manner and with high quality within the next 2-4 weeks or so, you should be okay, assuming your are a good candidate.

Thanks for the quick response! I am a marginal candidate. I'm a career changer and have been working in the medical field for the last 10 years as a mental health counselor at a primary care addictions clinic. My LizzyM is only about 66-67, but with a strong upward trend. I know for a candidate with my profile it's recommended to apply broadly, but I simply couldn't afford to at the time I submitted. I guess I'm just wondering for someone with my marginal stats if I will be passed over this late in the cycle if I submit secondaries now? Thanks again!

Give me your AMCAS GPAs year by year and MCAT

Thank-you! I have a low cGPA and decent MCAT:
MCAT is 515.
GPA: Freshman = 2.7, Sophmore = 2.3 (then I took 6 years off for medical reasons) Junior = 3.6, "Senior" is 60 credits = 3.75 but my final 30 credits was 3.93.
Graduate GPA = 3.98
I really appreciate your feedback!

Members don't see this ad :)
Give me your AMCAS GPAs year by year and MCAT

I should also mention I have a ton of research experience including 2 first author journal pubs and 3 posters and a national conference presentation. Plus thousands of hours of volunteer work....if that matters.

Thank-you! I have a low cGPA and decent MCAT:
MCAT is 515.
GPA: Freshman = 2.7, Sophmore = 2.3 (then I took 6 years off for medical reasons) Junior = 3.6, "Senior" is 60 credits = 3.75 but my final 30 credits was 3.93.
Graduate GPA = 3.98
I really appreciate your feedback!
Try Case, BU, U Miami, Mayo, Dartmouth, any of the Philly Triplets, Albany and NYMC