too late to apply???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

i love help

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i graduated three years ago, so i have all my classes done. i took the mcats over again in august and am waiting for my results. however, i still have not turned in my apps. not secondary ones, but THE first one. i really hope it's not too late. and if anyone is willing, can someone please read my personal statement, i just got done with it.
thanks a bunch.

Members don't see this ad.

i graduated three years ago, so i have all my classes done. i took the mcats over again in august and am waiting for my results. however, i still have not turned in my apps. not secondary ones, but THE first one. i really hope it's not too late. and if anyone is willing, can someone please read my personal statement, i just got done with it.
thanks a bunch.

i'd love to help. just pm me your draft and i'll try to give some helpful input.

hi, why not increase your chances of getting in by applying early in the next rounds? you won't be pressed for time, you'll probably be able to ask your friends to revise your essays (although SDN members are a goldmine for that kinda stuff...well most are), and you'll save money if you only have to apply in one round. You've waited 3 years already.

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah i would really like to start off first in the next rounds, but i've been waiting tooo long. i think i'm gonna go crazy if i wait any longer. i'm so sick of work, and am dying to go back to school. but if things don't work out, i think i might just have to wait another year. and if i don't get in, "OH CRAP!!"

thanks for the reply though.

^You could do that, but I don't think it's too late. Yes, you are later than most people on SDN, but it's not considered very late. A lot of people here seem to think that if you can't get it perfect the first time, then you should wait a year and apply the next round. My way of thinking is, if medicine is really what you want to do, why wait to get started? Think of the ending line in When Harry Met Sally.

i don't know what the ending line in that movie it but i'll look it up. thank you for your positive reply though, it did brighten my day.

A lot of people here seem to think that if you can't get it perfect the first time, then you should wait a year and apply the next round. My way of thinking is, if medicine is really what you want to do, why wait to get started?
Because it's freaking expensive.

It's not too late, but it is certainly late. Interview invites have gone out from many schools. Acceptances will start being announced in a couple weeks. As such, if you've barely started your apps, I really don't know if this is the best time to be applying. You don't know your MCAT score, and you haven't mentioned your GPA or extracurriculars. If you're not a terribly competitive applicant, you should definitely ask yourself if you can afford the cost (in terms of time, money, and stress) of applying twice.