too late to start studying now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Farrah

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm preparing for the august mcat and was going to start studying for the august mcat now on my own. I was planning on taking Kaplan but my work schedule didn't give me that option. I'm working with Examcrackers 10 week home study schedule. Anyone starting studying now? Other than the AAMC exams are there any additional materials people are using with examcrackers? i also have the audio osmosis CD's.

Members don't see this ad.

Farrah said:
Hi,

I'm preparing for the august mcat and was going to start studying for the august mcat now on my own. I was planning on taking Kaplan but my work schedule didn't give me that option. I'm working with Examcrackers 10 week home study schedule. Anyone starting studying now? Other than the AAMC exams are there any additional materials people are using with examcrackers? i also have the audio osmosis CD's.

just study very hard farrah and you'll be ok

Don't stress too much, you're not alone. I just finished up my last final today! I figure I'll take a few days off from all those all-nighters and start living MCATs.

To be honest though, I'm not attending summer school and work very little hours, so my life will be pretty much nothing but MCAT from now until Aug 20. I'm sticking with nothing but Ek's, their audio osmosis and their full study package. They have a nice little study outline as well, I think you can get it from their website. My advice to you is simply, lighten your load this summer and buckle down...oh and stress doesn't help at all, trust me.

Good luck :D

Farrah said:
Hi,

i just started tuesday with the Kaplan course while working full time. You should be fine. Good luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey if I bomb April's test, I will start studying next week! Don't worry ;)

i've been studying for a couple months, but b/c i work one full time job and one part time job, that translates into 2 hours a day x 40 days (assuming i study at least 20 days a month out of 30) that means i've put in 80 hours tops. basically somebody could catch up to me in a week and a half. i would do a run through the ek books, take a diagnostic, or a practice mcat and see where you are. if it's decent to good, go over the books again, do more tests on the weekend, and take it in august. if it's bad, really bad, know that you need to be a bit more organized and steady with this stuff and take the time, do it right, in april. i think if you do a search, there should be a calendar of a 10 week EK schedule.
:luck:

:confused:

where did you guys get the 10 week home study schedule. i have all the ek books and so forth. i was wondering if someone can send me a link or get me a copy of it. i am also behind on studying for the mcats ill be taking my final tomm

RoxyKaur said:
:confused:

where did you guys get the 10 week home study schedule. i have all the ek books and so forth. i was wondering if someone can send me a link or get me a copy of it. i am also behind on studying for the mcats ill be taking my final tomm

ek schedule

:luck:

that soft week thing is like the yolk of the egg
i believe itis too high in cholestrol you know

Farrah said:
Hi,

what else are you doing over the summer...working, class...? Make sure you actually make time to study. It's easy to slack off because it's summer, and you fool yourself into believing that you're "not doing that much," and take on more and more stuff, and then you've lost your study time. Tell your friends, family, etc. that you need this time, and make sure you get it.

As much as you try to work on learning material and concepts, work on gaining confidence. Take lots of practice tests, and find out where that comfort threshold is on guessing. Pay attention to your pitfalls, the types of questions you consistently get wrong, and identify WHY you get them wrong.

Make sure you take breaks, too. Just because you feel like it's crunch time, don't get yourself worked up. 10 weeks will be fine, if you're focused, and work hard.

I started actually studying about five weeks before the test. I claimed to be studying before that, but it was only for about an hour and a half, once or twice a week. I managed to improve my practice scores from a 30 to a 37 in that time period, so I believe that you have more than enough time to study for the test and do a decent job. I'll see how I actually did in about a week :eek:

a friend of mine studied for 2-3 weeks before the August MCAT and nailed it - but he studied something like 50 hours a week in that stretch. :p Not advised. You've got plenty of time if you're already relatively comfortable with the material.