too late to submit secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

usctrojan06

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a few secondaries that I have not completed at this point. Is it going to be difficult, if not impossible, to get into these schools at this point?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm thinking difficult but not impossible. if you have no financial restraints i would think it'd be in your best interest to send them. and then there is always that whole august mcat theory -- u have time until those scores are released.

you've got to be kidding me. The August MCATers haven't even had their MCAT scores come in, then they will do all their secondaries. I still have about a dozen left to submit. We're still way in the game.

Good grief.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a few secondaries that I have not completed at this point. Is it going to be difficult, if not impossible, to get into these schools at this point?

No, b/c August MCAT people did not submit their secondaries yet...You are still definitely in the game. People on this site act like if you haven't heard anything by September then you don't have a shot in hell.

uhh are you kidding me? what's with all the people who post on this who have submitted their secondaries in JUNE?! That's when I submitted the AMCAS, and it was still wayyy ahead of anyone else. Everyone I know is still working on secondaries, as am I. We are NOT behind. If you're still working on them in Nov, then you should worry, but you're fine now!

hahahhaha..no

you've got to be kidding me. The August MCATers haven't even had their MCAT scores come in, then they will do all their secondaries. I still have about a dozen left to submit. We're still way in the game.

Good grief.

Actually some August MCATers (including me) have submitted secondaries. Of course I have not passed most screens (with the exception of 2), but I have received about 17 "non-screen" secondaries which I have completed and submitted. I do feel like I am just out there b/c of a lack of an MCAT score, but I am doing my best trying to submit these things with confidence.

And to the original post, it is DEFINITELY not late to submit. Good luck!

hope, not. I JUST finished my University of Chicago application, like 3 months later.

Actually some August MCATers (including me) have submitted secondaries. Of course I have not passed most screens (with the exception of 2), but I have received about 17 "non-screen" secondaries which I have completed and submitted. I do feel like I am just out there b/c of a lack of an MCAT score, but I am doing my best trying to submit these things with confidence.

And to the original post, it is DEFINITELY not late to submit. Good luck!

Aren't you at all scared that your MCAT will turn out terribly and you will have wasted all this secondary money?

Aren't you at all scared that your MCAT will turn out terribly and you will have wasted all this secondary money?

Yes!! VERY! Especially since I was very inconsistent on my practice tests...but what can I do? I rather take my chances applying this cycle and if it doesn't work out, I'll just reapply next cycle :)