Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Too late to take A&P requirement???

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by sprinkle0420, Jan 5, 2009.

1. sprinkle0420

sprinkle0420 New Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Ok, so I got my interview invite for Touro and was reading through their website to read up more about the school and I may not have done my pre-requisites right. If you read on their website, they require "4 semester/6 quarter units of Human Anatomy/Physiology (combined course) with lab OR one course each of Human Anatomy and Human Physiology with labs." While I was at UC Berkeley, I took Human Anatomy lecture (INTEGBI 131, 3 units) and Human Physiology (INTEGBI 132, 3 units). Do you think I need to rush right now and try and fit into a human anatomy & physiology class ASAP before Spring Semester begins for a lot of schools. I am just really freaking out because I work full-time and I know the majority of night classes at schools in Northern Cali will be taken up already. Any help would be appreciated!!!

PS. Do you think that their missing my not having labs for A&P on my transcripts was an oversight on their part or maybe the fact that the labs were not included was not that big of a deal?

2. thephoenician88

5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    i would call, they might think that what you've taken is acceptable. You might just have to take the lab portion...

3. fenixtnlfan

fenixtnlfan P2 Wildcat
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Yeah you should call since it would be better to find out now rather than make assumptions and not be able to complete the pre-req in time. I suspect if they state they want a lab they won't exempt you. Ask if you have to have that pre-req done by the spring semester. They might let you take it in the summer so that would allow you a bit more leeway.

4. tootoo30

tootoo30 Account Closed!
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    It sounds to me like the school requires the lecture and the lab. You only did the lecture so you need to register for the labs. I had a similar situation and was told to just take the lab, but also check with the school.

HTH