too late to take the DAT and study material

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scdocusc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if I wanted to apply for the 2008 cycle if it was too late to take the DAT? I know I could take it once but I want to have enough room to take it again if I need to. Also I know topscore and destroyer are good study guides should I get both or just one? Also I'd like to get as many practice DAT tests I can get my hands on. Where are the best places to get them? thanks for your help

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering if I wanted to apply for the 2008 cycle if it was too late to take the DAT? I know I could take it once but I want to have enough room to take it again if I need to. Also I know topscore and destroyer are good study guides should I get both or just one? Also I'd like to get as many practice DAT tests I can get my hands on. Where are the best places to get them? thanks for your help

nope, I plan on applying for 2008 and am planning on taking the DAT in may. This way, if I F it up, I can take it again sometime in July or something.

what prep material are you using to prepare for the DAT? do you know where to get full length tests?

what prep material are you using to prepare for the DAT? do you know where to get full length tests?

Well, right now I'm procrastinating on studying because Human Physiology is giving me a nice run but I will hopefully get the motivation and confidence to start studying here in the next week. Anyways I am using Kaplan White Book, a bunch of practice tests from the course, and the Destroyer. I am also thinking about getting some sort of chemistry book/guide to help me out with that, because it truly is a hassle for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Personally, I am currently using the Kaplan blue book to give me a solid background and then testing myself with the Destroyer questions. The questions in the destroyer are pretty tough so if you can nail them you know that you understood and remember the material pretty well. Also to give myself so testing experience with the time factor as well as the computer I plan to use the achiever questions giving myself dry erase boards to make sure that they dont get in my way come test time.
Hope that helped and good luck studying

nope, I plan on applying for 2008 and am planning on taking the DAT in may. This way, if I F it up, I can take it again sometime in July or something.

Arcella: FYI you must wait 90 days before you can retake the DAT!!

Good Luck!