Too late to take the DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

summer89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone think taking the DAT the first week of July is too late? I'm hoping this will be the last time I will have to take it.
I plan to submit my applications the week of June 3rd though.
Thoughts???

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I dont think it's too late. I am taking it June 30th. Your application takes 2-3 weeks to process so i am taking advantage of that extra time. I'm sure someone will have a dissenting opinion though.

I'm definitely in the same position. Would love to see others chime in. So, taking it 3 weeks after the June 3rd date will not delay your application whatsoever?

I'm definitely in the same position. Would love to see others chime in. So, taking it 3 weeks after the June 3rd date will not delay your application whatsoever?

Mine is set for May 28, but I am thinking about changing it to middle of June too. I think you can submit the application without dat scores. So while they process the application for 3 weeks you can take the dat. I am not sure how long it takes to send the scores? I thought instantly, but not sure?

Members don't see this ad :)
The application is processed without the DAT scores. Even if you have taken that DAT you just enter in your scores, the schools won't look at your application until they recieve official DAT scores anyways. It doesn't take more that a couple days, I think, for the schools to recieve the official DAT scores.

Yeah, this is a great topic. I'm wondering when to take the DAT as well. I was worried about taking it too late because I'd rather have scores available at the time of applying to the schools. There is a May 25th date still available, so I'm hoping to study like crazy and pull of an end-of-May test date. Any advice is appreciated.