Too Late...?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NJ Doc 1117

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi y'all, could use some input from those familiar with both the MD and DO admissions process..

I applied to 30 MD schools, finishing all my secondaries by the end of summer, but have gotten no responses except a few denials so far.. Not a good sign. I now realize that I should've applied to a few DO schools earlier. But...

Is it too late to apply to DO schools for Fall 2018 entry? Is applying at this point in the cycle a serious detriment to my chances?

My stats: 3.40 cGPA 3.1 sGPA 507 MCAT. Good research and clinical volunteering, strong LoR from a DO.

Thanks y'all.

Members don't see this ad.

are you URM? you probably should have considered DO with your stats. they are not terrible, but not great for MD. DO cycle is longer though I think its getting late now for them too

only other thing ill say for now is to be patient because it appears as though people that turned in secondaries end of august are just now being looked at

Hi y'all, could use some input from those familiar with both the MD and DO admissions process..

I applied to 30 MD schools, finishing all my secondaries by the end of summer, but have gotten no responses except a few denials so far.. Not a good sign. I now realize that I should've applied to a few DO schools earlier. But...

Is it too late to apply to DO schools for Fall 2018 entry? Is applying at this point in the cycle a serious detriment to my chances?

My stats: 3.40 cGPA 3.1 sGPA 507 MCAT. Good research and clinical volunteering, strong LoR from a DO.

Thanks y'all.
No, it's not too late to apply to DO schools. Apply broadly and target the newest schools. Skip the coastal Touros, KCU, AZCOM, CCOM, PCOM, and Western.
With a 3.1 sGPA, all of your MD apps were donations.