Too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VenusFlyTrap

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys...I'm new to the podiatry forum. Does anyone know if I can still to NYCPM for Jan 2008? Am I too late? I'm all done with my Pre-reqs and have takes the DATs. Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Call the school, but NYCPM pretty much has rolling admissions. Sadly, you could probably apply in mid December and get in for Jan...

I don't really understand the Jan entrance program... you still graduate 4.5 years later (in May) right? Why not just wait and start in the fall? It seems weird to pay an extra semester or two of tuition and it might be hard explaining to residencies why it took you extra time to complete the courses...

Hi guys...I'm new to the podiatry forum. Does anyone know if I can still to NYCPM for Jan 2008? Am I too late? I'm all done with my Pre-reqs and have takes the DATs. Thank you

No, it is not too late....most people won't start applying until Sept 4. They accept on a rolling bases, but the app. cycle is closed until Sept 4.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's not too late I'm doing the same thing, I actually emailed them and asked and they said it's not too late but to hurry up and send out my LOR's and transcripts. Good luck to you! Hopefully we'll be classmates!:D

Yea I emailed Joanne and she said the cycle doesn't begin until sept. 4 so you are definitly good to go. I'm interested to see how many people on here are applying for this Jan term, let us know if you are. Also, does anyone know how many seats they have for it?

I'm pretty sure its not too late. I know someone who was interviewed and accepted at NYCPM last week...with classes starting this upcoming Monday.

Wow Jewmongous!
If thats not rolling, I don't know what is!

:thumbup:

lol wow thats cutting it close :laugh:

... I know someone who was interviewed and accepted at NYCPM last week...with classes starting this upcoming Monday.

lol wow thats cutting it close :laugh:
Yes, it does happen as I suggested in my original post, but you really want to avoid that last minute application/acceptance if at all possible.

A lot of the students accepted at the last minute don't really know what they are getting into and might struggle, or, even worse, realize they aren't truly interested in podiatry after they have started. Sure, there are some good ones who jump in under the wire and do fine, but they have also hurt themselves by applying late since most or all scholarships are spoken for by the time they're accepted.

Yes, it does happen as I suggested in my original post, but you really want to avoid that last minute application/acceptance if at all possible.

A lot of the students accepted at the last minute don't really know what they are getting into and might struggle, or, even worse, realize they aren't truly interested in podiatry after they have started. Sure, there are some good ones who jump in under the wire and do fine, but they have also hurt themselves by applying late since most or all scholarships are spoken for by the time they're accepted.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thank you all for replying to my post. Have most of you taken the MCATs or the DATs? Wish u all the very best

Does it really matter if u start in jan instead of sept? same amount of time to graduate? How abt tuition? thanx

Does it really matter if u start in jan instead of sept? same amount of time to graduate? How abt tuition? thanx

These are the 10 million dollar questions. I always suggest looking at a few podiatry schools. While you think you may have your mind made up right now, it often changes. I'm sure many pod students would say the same thing (I was sure I'd graduate from Scholl).

Another important question is how does this effect your CV and residency application. Technically, they program is an extended studies program. I would be eager to here from graduates from NYCPM (Krab, cough, cough) to see if this program had any negative affects?

She's married?!! Aw Hell...

:thumbdown:

I believe it is a four and half year program. I think they called it a deccelerated curriculum on their website, which could be nice since you would spread your course load out a little longer. As for tuition, I'm sure it will cost more since you spend an extra half year there, although I'm not sure if it would be a full semesters worth of tuition or not. Contact Joanne Snapp, she works at admissions and is great at getting back to you quickly

I believe it is a four and half year program. I think they called it a deccelerated curriculum on their website, which could be nice since you would spread your course load out a little longer. As for tuition, I'm sure it will cost more since you spend an extra half year there, although I'm not sure if it would be a full semesters worth of tuition or not. Contact Joanne Snapp, she works at admissions and is great at getting back to you quickly

NYCPM's website states that tuition is prorated for the 4.5 year program.