too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

traveller4ever

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi- I am pretty late in the game, but....here goes:
i submitted my amcas last week--they are in the process of verification--so i guess it'll take awhile :)
what i want to know is whether you guys know of ppl getting late interviews and then getting in? what are the chances? when are they?

Members don't see this ad.

yeah, I know a guy who took his august mcats (his second time)... applied late (a little like you) and got into UNC...

Thing about that still strikes me is that the second time he took his mcats... his score went down by a point... but he had a killer gpa (sci/nonsci-3.9)

so... dont worry... you have hope! (it does depend on your stats though!)

Hi,

There are probably a lot of people who are applying this month due to getting their August MCAT score back. You are behind in the process but they will still look at your application.

What is the last date people can apply through AMCAS?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Amy! Many schools have deadlines of October 15, November 15, or December 15 through AMCAS & you can find out which @ www.aamc.org However, some schools accept applications year-round:)

It's not all about stats, the rest of your app does have some bearing on interviews and admissions! I was an August MCATer with average stats last year (3.5/30) and did fine. Although I did get placed on several waitlists from my later interviews, I was accepted at one school where I interviewed the last day of January and 2 schools for which I interviewed in February. Good luck, you do have a shot if you're a strong applicant. :)

most schools say nov. 15 is the deadline to submit to AMCAS so how can mid/late september be late?

if i submitted a couple of days ago will i not be interviewing until january/february???

but what about all the august MCATers???? they still won't be "in the mix" for another week or two, right?

geez, maybe i'm too late too ....i guess there's always next year:mad: :confused:
streetdoc

Applying late can only hurt you with programs that implement rolling admissions. For the others that wait until all interviews are completed, then you should be okay. The most advantageous thing about applying early is that it increases your chances for interview and admission.

If you have to apply late, then it may be best to save your money and wait one year.

thanks for the response--it makes me feel a little better knowing others are in the same boat.
as for stats, mine are pretty average (3.7scienceGPA, took MCATs twice-- VR8/PS11/BS12/P-- 2nd time is 9/10/10/R) so we'll see what happens. good luck to yall

I don't think it's too late to apply... as long as you do it before Oct. 15th... the first deadline... called AMCAS and they said so... although I suppose applying early you do have an advantage... still think about it so many people have applied early and been rejected.... so I don't think it's a huge factor in the selection process... if you have strong stats or even average stats.... you'll still be o.k...

hey I applied late too.... also took Aug MCAT...

Funny but here in Canada it makes no diff. when you apply, as long as its before the deadline of Oct 15th (Ontario)... ofcourse here its not at all about the time but all about your GPA, MCAT is a minor selection criteria....