too many classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tank you

2K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
is this too much to take winter quarter while studying for april mcat?

1) immunology (4 units)
2) neuropharmacology (4)
3) language and the brain (4)
4) intro psych (4)
5) research (4)

1&2 are UD bio, 3 is UD psych/bio

Members don't see this ad.

jtank said:

1) immunology (4 units)
2) neuropharmacology (4)
4) intro psych (4)
5) research (4)

I'd say that it all depends on how much time you're gonna spend in the lab.

How many hours per week do you plan on devoting towards research?

#3 and #4 are gimme classes.

I'm not too sure about #1 and #2.

jtank said:

1) immunology (4 units)
2) neuropharmacology (4)
4) intro psych (4)
5) research (4)

Good god- if 4 credits at your school is anything like mine (1 credit hour = 4 hours/week of time in lab) you'd die with this schedual. Especially if the avg. course load is 15 credit hrs/ semester.

In fact- that's almost too much even before considering factoring in MCAT studying. But, that's just my opinion.

Members don't see this ad :)
jtank said:

1) immunology (4 units)
2) neuropharmacology (4)
4) intro psych (4)
5) research (4)

that doesn't sound too bad. The psych class should be very easy. I agree with fermata, it all depends on the time spend on research. :thumbup:

N1DERL&, yes i go to uci.

and 4 units research is 12-15 hrs/week. but since most of the classes are in the morning, i can go to research every day right after my classes, then my last class ends at 6pm, so i figure i have plenty of time in the evening to study mcat.

jtank said:

and 4 units research is 12-15 hrs/week. but since most of the classes are in the morning, i can go to research every day right after my classes, then my last class ends at 6pm, so i figure i have plenty of time in the evening to study mcat.

i go to uci too and im only taking 12 units (bio98, bme110b, and bme140.) i dont think that would be to much but keep in mind you will have absolutely no time to hang out with friends or excercise or anything. at least i wouldnt with that schedule, and personally that would drive me insane.

jtank said:

1) immunology (4 units)
2) neuropharmacology (4)
4) intro psych (4)
5) research (4)

Jtank, simple question. If you are currently taking this schedule, is it overwhelming by itself? If so, then I think you have your answer.

jtank said:

Studying for the mcat after 6pm is fine, but remember you have your other classes to study for as well. If I were you, I'd talk to people who have already taken those classes with the same instructors and find out what those instructors required first. Intro to Psych is generally pretty easy, but what if that particular instructor requires a couple of papers and gives essay exams. That would make that class just a tad more demanding. I'd do some investigating first.