asunshine

can't sing but i got soul
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 9, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
My secondary says I can only have 3 LORs in addition to my committee letter. The problem is that I am a non-trad, and I want to include my post-bacc LOR from my physics prof. I also have LORs from my free clinic MD, an MD coworker, and from my boss (I work in healthcare). How do I decide which one to cut?

Anyone with a similar experience?

LizzyM

the evil queen of numbers
15+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Academic Administration
asunshine said:
My secondary says I can only have 3 LORs in addition to my committee letter. The problem is that I am a non-trad, and I want to include my post-bacc LOR from my physics prof. I also have LORs from my free clinic MD, an MD coworker, and from my boss (I work in healthcare). How do I decide which one to cut?

Anyone with a similar experience?

I would rank the importance of letter writers (to adcom readers) as follows:

physics professor
Boss
Free clinic supervisor
co-worker

Drop the letter from the coworker. You can always send it later (after you interview).

jackieMD2007

***MVI***
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2006
The Hospital
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I have my three science LOR, then one from my boss (I am a non trad too) and one from my volunteer supervisor. :)

asunshine

can't sing but i got soul
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 9, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Thanks for the help! The coworker (an attending--I'm a nurse) offered to write it and was really excited about writing it. But he didn't have a direct supervisory role, so you make a good point. I plan on calling the admissions office to see if I can add it...fingers crossed!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.