asunshine

can't sing but i got soul
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 8, 2006
Status
Medical Student
My secondary says I can only have 3 LORs in addition to my committee letter. The problem is that I am a non-trad, and I want to include my post-bacc LOR from my physics prof. I also have LORs from my free clinic MD, an MD coworker, and from my boss (I work in healthcare). How do I decide which one to cut?

Anyone with a similar experience?

LizzyM

the evil queen of numbers
10+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Status
Academic Administration
asunshine said:
My secondary says I can only have 3 LORs in addition to my committee letter. The problem is that I am a non-trad, and I want to include my post-bacc LOR from my physics prof. I also have LORs from my free clinic MD, an MD coworker, and from my boss (I work in healthcare). How do I decide which one to cut?

Anyone with a similar experience?
I would rank the importance of letter writers (to adcom readers) as follows:

physics professor
Boss
Free clinic supervisor
co-worker

Drop the letter from the coworker. You can always send it later (after you interview).

jackieMD2007

***MVI***
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
The Hospital
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I have my three science LOR, then one from my boss (I am a non trad too) and one from my volunteer supervisor. :)

OP
A

asunshine

can't sing but i got soul
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 8, 2006
Status
Medical Student
Thanks for the help! The coworker (an attending--I'm a nurse) offered to write it and was really excited about writing it. But he didn't have a direct supervisory role, so you make a good point. I plan on calling the admissions office to see if I can add it...fingers crossed!

About the Ads