Too many Pharmacist Ingrates on this site

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rxnupe

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took a long break from this forum only to come back and see the crap pot is still being stirred. This is directed at pharmacist mainly those who are complaining about minor issues. A lot of you like to bash CVS, but none of you are turning in your 2 week notices. You guys are making well over 100k a year and have the nerve to bitch about how bad you have it at your pharmacy?
I assume most of you in your warped reality assumes that some company will pay you 100k- give you unlimited tech hours, while you sit/stand on your ass and let the techs slave-while you simply verify and take home a fat check?
Can you lazy pharmacist come back to earth? No one is going to pay you over 100k to verify 50 scripts a day. You need to earn that money- you should be thankful that you have a job and a very high paying job.
Please stop the complaining and bitching and do your damn job!!!! No one is filling for sorry for us- work hard and go home.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
PharmB you are in the small minority- there's so much self hating pharmacist complaining about minor items-especially CVS pharmacist. Based on the comments here you would think CVS was hell and Larry Merlo was Satan- I love CVS and think it's a great company and the premier pharmacy chain in the world. I don't mind having metrics - only lazy people who just want a check hate metrics.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, I love my job because I don't work for a pill mill that chains pharmacists to the counter and churns and burns through people to keep wages and benefits minimal.

I mean, some people dig that kind of environment. More power to them. I'd be looking into another career if that was the only option for pharmacists.

Reactions: 14 users
1.No one is going to pay you over 100k to verify 50 scripts a day. You need to earn that money- you should be thankful that you have a job and a very high paying job.
2.Please stop the complaining and bitching and do your damn job!!!! No one is filling for sorry for us- work hard and go home.

1. hmm.. they used to before a thing called pharmacy saturation and decrease in insurance reimbursement happened that caused multiple pharmacies to shut down. What profession are you in again? When I worked retail, I felt like i could not provide the type of pt care that I wanted bc there wasn't enough time to counsel pts in manner that conducive for best clinical outcomes.

2. When there is nobody "filling" for me, i have to fill myself and can't go home on time :(

SteveySmith I have been with CVS for over 15 years- you are quite wrong. It's 2017 not 1917- of course we have more people on meds than ever before so the workload is heavier. You seem like the type of pharmacist that just wants to verify and have your talks do all the work- I have seen your kind before and you guys are the main ones bitching. You have not or probably would have never evolved into the modern day pharmacist- and quite frankly CVS doesn't need a lazy pharmacist that is just going to sit on his ass and verify.

SteveySmith I have been with CVS for over 15 years- you are quite wrong. It's 2017 not 1917- of course we have more people on meds than ever before so the workload is heavier. You seem like the type of pharmacist that just wants to verify and have your talks do all the work- I have seen your kind before and you guys are the main ones bitching. You have not or probably would have never evolved into the modern day pharmacist- and quite frankly CVS doesn't need a lazy pharmacist that is just going to sit on his ass and verify.
I was with CVS for longer than 15 years, too. It is not a place where pharmacists can take care of patients. You do not counsel on all new prescriptions in states that require it. You do not follow labor laws regarding breaks. You do not follow legally mandated RPh to tech ratios in states that have them. Either your magical district is an anomaly, or you are delusional. CVS is designed to make money at all costs. The company does not care about their employees or customers.

Reactions: 5 users
I love my job, but then again I work on a computer all day away from patients, doctors, and other pharmacists :soexcited:

Reactions: 1 users
I was with CVS for longer than 15 years, too. It is not a place where pharmacists can take care of patients. You do not counsel on all new prescriptions in states that require it. You do not follow labor laws regarding breaks. You do not follow legally mandated RPh to tech ratios in states that have them. Either your magical district is an anomaly, or you are delusional. CVS is designed to make money at all costs. The company does not care about their employees or customers.
That is total bull**** that you are spewing.
1. What is preventing you from counseling on new prescriptions? The registers are designed to assist you in that manner.
2. Labor laws???? Are you freaking kidding me- yes some stores are very busy, but what is stopping you from taking 30 min breaks? You are allowed to tell your techs no waiters until I return from lunch and the phones have voice mails- that is a blatant LIE
3. Prove that the company doesn't care- 14/15 last years I have received some time of raise- if the company didn't care would I be getting raises year after year? I was also placed in an EL program and will move up the ladder eventually. I was in the running for pharmacy supervisor 2 years ago

Talk to me when you verify at a scripts to tech ratio of consistently 16-18 scripts/hour.

Talk to me when you verify at a scripts to tech ratio of consistently 16-18 scripts/hour.
Been there done that pal. I was PIC at a store that did 4500 scripts a week. By the way, you do know that the tech to pharmacist ratio is set by the board of pharmacy and not the pharmacy chain? I like to add that the tech to pharmacy ratio is loosely enforced in which it helps the pharmacies.

Been there done that pal. I was PIC at a store that did 4500 scripts a week. By the way, you do know that the tech to pharmacist ratio is set by the board of pharmacy and not the pharmacy chain? I like to add that the tech to pharmacy ratio is loosely enforced in which it helps the pharmacies.

We've all taken the MPJE bro, we know.

What's up with this kamikaze troll thread. Is Larry not returning your calls? Do you have to prove your love to him by making a scene on the SDN pharmacy forums?

Also CVS blows. I'll take the evils of the walgreens-boots alliance over that s***-hole any day of the week.

P.S. That anti-tobacco campaign they did a few years back was super-low-energy. Any company that pulls off a lame stunt like that deserves to die at the hands of Jeff Bezos and his evil, Seattle-based, online marketplace.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
1. What is preventing you from counseling on new prescriptions? The registers are designed to assist you in that manner.

I was PIC at a store that did 4500 scripts a week.

So, if you counseled on those prescriptions for an average of one minute apiece, and were open 12 hours per day, you had 9 hours per week while there wasn’t a consultation happening. I’m sure staffing was set up for that to happen.

2. Labor laws???? Are you freaking kidding me- yes some stores are very busy, but what is stopping you from taking 30 min breaks? You are allowed to tell your techs no waiters until I return from lunch and the phones have voice mails- that is a blatant LIE

Pharmacists aren’t protected by most labor laws (unless they’re very part time). I’ve seen front store managers solve the problem of technicians working without taking breaks by manually punching them out for 30 min. I was hired by CVS as a minor. I wasn’t allowed to work more than 20 hours per week. I got overtime for working 42 hours my first week. I’ve worked for CVS in three states and labor laws were broken in all of them.

3. Prove that the company doesn't care- 14/15 last years I have received some time of raise- if the company didn't care would I be getting raises year after year? I was also placed in an EL program and will move up the ladder eventually. I was in the running for pharmacy supervisor 2 years ago

No counseling should be happening at a register unless it's confined to a space that protects patient privacy. Pharmacists shouldn't be at the register either.
CVS pharmacists have never been able to take an uninterrupted lunch. One of the states I am licensed in just passed legislation requiring uninterrupted breaks for pharmacists. What did CVS say to pharmacists? "Sure, take a break but it will be interrupted". That is not different than the tacit expectation that pharmacists are to eat their lunch with their foot holding the door of the break room.
Not to belabor the point here but you are saying that CVS pharmacists are able to take a 30 minute break and let calls go to voicemail. Hmmmm.... don't you require your pharmacists to get the voicemail messages within 15 minutes and isn't there a metric that tracks that?
If you are looking for allies here... wrong place. You are stepping into a mine field. Best of luck. I am one of the nicer ones...

Reactions: 2 users
No counseling should be happening at a register unless it's confined to a space that protects patient privacy. Pharmacists shouldn't be at the register either.
CVS pharmacists have never been able to take an uninterrupted lunch. One of the states I am licensed in just passed legislation requiring uninterrupted breaks for pharmacists. What did CVS say to pharmacists? "Sure, take a break but it will be interrupted". That is not different than the tacit expectation that pharmacists are to eat their lunch with their foot holding the door of the break room.
Not to belabor the point here but you are saying that CVS pharmacists are able to take a 30 minute break and let calls go to voicemail. Hmmmm.... don't you require your pharmacists to get the voicemail messages within 15 minutes and isn't there a metric that tracks that?
If you are looking for allies here... wrong place. You are stepping into a mine field. Best of luck. I am one of the nicer ones...
I could care less how many of you agree with me. I am not going to let you guys just trash my company with LIES!! If you don't like CVS freaking QUIT- no one is holding you hostage. The bottom line most of you disgruntled pharmacist are just lazy people who want 10 techs on duty at all times- sit in a chair and verify 2 prescriptions an hour and expect to get paid top dollar.
Most of you pharmacist couldn't cut the mustard- do you know how many complaints I have had over the years from techs who were nearly in tears crying about how lazy and sorry the pharmacist was who they had to work with on a daily basis? I work hard and yeah there are days when I could have used another tech or two, but you know what I just do the best with what I got b/c that's how I am wired.

I could care less how many of you agree with me. I am not going to let you guys just trash my company with LIES!! If you don't like CVS freaking QUIT- no one is holding you hostage. The bottom line most of you disgruntled pharmacist are just lazy people who want 10 techs on duty at all times- sit in a chair and verify 2 prescriptions an hour and expect to get paid top dollar.
Most of you pharmacist couldn't cut the mustard- do you know how many complaints I have had over the years from techs who were nearly in tears crying about how lazy and sorry the pharmacist was who they had to work with on a daily basis? I work hard and yeah there are days when I could have used another tech or two, but you know what I just do the best with what I got b/c that's how I am wired.

If your job is so great then why are you up in the middle of the night posting with moral conviction?

Reactions: 3 users
To the OP, I really hope you're being sarcastic if not then Pharmacists like you are the reason this profession is getting destroyed. Big chains love robots like you that will say yes and not resist to every demand. Do you understand the safety risk to the public. People in the community are trusting you and you're defending a company that prides itself on implementing practices to make the work life of pharmacist as difficult as possible. CVS, WAgs etc.. will salivate over you. So you're fast, give 120% and work yourself to death with very little demand. Who wouldn't line up to have a pharmacist like you? God forbid, you develop an illness or disability or you make a dispensing mistake that severely hurt someone. Let's see how loyal your beloved company will "get your back". Or better yet, wait until nature takes its toll from all the stress and you can't run around as fast after 15-20 years of work. Don't act surprise, when your hours are cut or they let you go because you have become a "lazy" pharmacist.

LOL who hacked rxnupe's account and is now super trolling with him?

Wait. You didn't get a raise one year. You are STILL in the EL program and will move up the ladder eventually? You were in the running for a supervisor 2 years ago? why no raise one year. I thought you got promoted before with all the talk. I know you told us that. But, you will move up eventually?

You don't get do you? If you were what they were looking for you would have moved up a long time ago. You don't have the temperament for it. We told you some higher CVS management people look at this forum. Yet you still rant uncontrollably. they want people who are calm and calculating to deal with problems. Not people who fire off and can get them in trouble with words or actions. You are a worker bee. Your not going anywhere but back to the bench everyday for the rest of your career. Say it with me. Back to the bench everyday for the rest of your career. You have been with CVS for 15 years? Dude, for CVS you are now an old pharmacist that makes to much money. Every year there are new hires that are better than you that will work for less. They are faster, smarter and cuter than you.

CVS is milking you for free labor for all these years. Asking you to go and do this project of that project on your own time. You really need to think about this. I remember telling you years ago you would never get promoted as others have told you. Yet you are still their little red minion out on special projects on your own time while they go have a beer.

Reactions: 5 users
Wait. You didn't get a raise one year. You are STILL in the EL program and will move up the ladder eventually? You were in the running for a supervisor 2 years ago? why no raise one year. I thought you got promoted before with all the talk. I know you told us that. But, you will move up eventually?

You don't get do you? If you were what they were looking for you would have moved up a long time ago. You don't have the temperament for it. We told you some higher CVS management people look at this forum. Yet you still rant uncontrollably. they want people who are calm and calculating to deal with problems. Not people who fire off and can get them in trouble with words or actions. You are a worker bee. Your not going anywhere but back to the bench everyday for the rest of your career. Say it with me. Back to the bench everyday for the rest of your career. You have been with CVS for 15 years? Dude, for CVS you are now an old pharmacist that makes to much money. Every year there are new hires that are better than you that will work for less. They are faster, smarter and cuter than you.

CVS is milking you for free labor for all these years. Asking you to go and do this project of that project on your own time. You really need to think about this. I remember telling you years ago you would never get promoted as others have told you. Yet you are still their little red minion out on special projects on your own time while they go have a beer.

You nailed it. How about we all hit ignore tomorrow at 12pm central time?

Last edited:

LOL right.

I'll never understand the mindset of someone who actively empowers their employer to take advantage of them.

If the working conditions at your job are continually getting worse I would understand being upset. Why go out of your way to make excuses for why it's actually okay and maybe even good that the company takes away help?

Stockholder or Stockholm?

Reactions: 6 users
This is the best thread ever!

I could care less how many of you agree with me. I am not going to let you guys just trash my company with LIES!!

21728645_1864018970337213_2820542170998097785_o.jpg

Reactions: 7 users
People like you have no concept of reality & time.
Example: "benefits of unit of use dispensing: reduces production time (up to 52%) by dispensing product in original container" - verbatim from inventory execellence expert touch base.

Compared to...? Opening a 90 count manufacturer bottle to count of 90 tablets manually like the production guide says? No one does this; vast majority of techs & RPhs have enough brain capacity to already use the entire stock bottle to save time to attempt meeting metrics with continued "justifications" to cut tech hours.

Got to love the sleazy "up to X$/%" lawyer wording...reminds me of every drug coupon that gives a patient a wrong impression about the actual savings

A job that is rewarding from dealing with regulars but stressful from metrics is far better than no job

Last edited:
I gave my two weeks notice 28 months ago. Am I still allowed to bash CVS? Is there a "statute of limitations" then?

Bro you are really out of touch. I am by no means a lazy rph. i am at a non 24 hrs store that averages about 3 k a week and over 550 Monday and Tuesday. Last week i alone filled over 604 scripts. I kept record of that. I never have time to take more than 5 mns break at a time. It is tough out of there. it is so hard to keep good techs at Cvs.

I wish NateRobinson would come back to support you here against the ingrates.

I used to work for CVS. I would again if I had no choice, as we all have bills to pay.

As a stockholder, I'm not pleased with CVS lack of performance over the last few years. I can't see Larry lasting much longer but Aetna purchase will give him more time. Unfortunately he will walk away with hundreds of millions once they let him go. So these days patients are locked into CVS as their pharmacy, employees are locked in as CVS often has regional monopoly, and now stock sucks too. The only thing I will add is that lack of employee engagement extends to techs and interns, not just highly compensated ingrates. I can shut up just fine and do my job but your argument doesn't work for lower paying employees. No one will argue that verifying 50 scripts is a thing of the past but we are often talking about 300-500 scripts per 8-10 hour shift. On a lighter side, I visited few CVS recently and slower stores basically have 1 front store employee to handle everything. There was a line 10 deep in one place. 1 cashier and self checkout couldn't handle the customers.

I took a long break from this forum only to come back and see the crap pot is still being stirred. This is directed at pharmacist mainly those who are complaining about minor issues. A lot of you like to bash CVS, but none of you are turning in your 2 week notices. You guys are making well over 100k a year and have the nerve to bitch about how bad you have it at your pharmacy?
I assume most of you in your warped reality assumes that some company will pay you 100k- give you unlimited tech hours, while you sit/stand on your ass and let the techs slave-while you simply verify and take home a fat check?
Can you lazy pharmacist come back to earth? No one is going to pay you over 100k to verify 50 scripts a day. You need to earn that money- you should be thankful that you have a job and a very high paying job.
Please stop the complaining and bitching and do your damn job!!!! No one is filling for sorry for us- work hard and go home.

I'm getting $135k to sit around, watch Netflix, and verify 30-80 scripts a day.

Reactions: 6 users

So you have done 900 scripts on 39 tech hours? If you don't know much, just don't talk. CVS has a budget that is made by corporate that has nothing to do with the board of pharmacy. And their script to tech ratio varies and it takes into account things that I'm sure you don't know (I won't disclose those factors).

I run the top 0.2% store in the company. I do 5000 scripts on 290 tech hours. Please, just stop. Just b/c you work for a company doesn't mean you can't have constructive criticism. CVS has its pros, but it has a lot of flaws. It can improve on its work environments not just for our colleagues, but for the patients and customers who rely on our colleagues to provide excellent service and care. There are limitations around that. No company is perfect.

Reactions: 1 user
You are so delusional that you are hopeless at this point. You have been the company with 15 years and you are still trying to be a supervisor? From the other thread, you are in denial of the complete restructure of DM/Sup as well.

You need to wake up. Many of us work for the company and are grateful that we are employed but we also realize how bad the working conditions are at times. We are working for a company in a very high paced environment in which we also deal with patient safety in where we hope that we are able to catch a mistake in a stressful environment. It is not safe.

I say that as a recent new grad who interned with cvs and have been with the company for quite a few years now. I hustle my ass off when I'm at work and understand that they are not paying me to be lazy but there is also a middle ground that CVS should allow their pharmacists to have and that is a flaw. I'm able to do 10 things at once at this point in my life but are you going to be able to do that when you are 40-50 years old?

Guys you are not getting the picture- you have got to evolve with the times. The pharmacy practice is not the same as it was 10, 20 and 30 years ago- and if you guys can't cut the mustard and increase your pace than this field is no longer for you.But, don't you dare blame the new generation of pharmacist who work hard and fast and can keep up with the demanding fast pace of the industry. Many of you are stuck in your old habits and have not evolved and that's why you are getting replaced by younger and quicker and far more dedicated pharmacist. No one is going to pay us 100k to verify 100 scripts a day and I don't blame corp.
If you have the desire and motivation you can really move up in this company and I am living proof. Some of you think I am a butt kisser to corp, but I am not- I know what it takes for my company to survive. If you want to make your own rules start your own independent pharmacy and see how far you get on your own. Based on the attitude of most you- I wouldn't have any of you as my partner and honestly I don't even know how many of you got hired with your "all about me" attitude this has got to stop. All of you who are bitching about about how bad CVS sucks are setting a bad example for our profession. You are paid a handsome salary to drive that nice car you park in your garage and that 2 story house where you reside- try getting those things on a 35k salary than come back and talk to me. Some of you just don't know how good you have it smh.

Guys you are not getting the picture- you have got to evolve with the times. The pharmacy practice is not the same as it was 10, 20 and 30 years ago- and if you guys can't cut the mustard and increase your pace than this field is no longer for you.But, don't you dare blame the new generation of pharmacist who work hard and fast and can keep up with the demanding fast pace of the industry. Many of you are stuck in your old habits and have not evolved and that's why you are getting replaced by younger and quicker and far more dedicated pharmacist. No one is going to pay us 100k to verify 100 scripts a day and I don't blame corp.
If you have the desire and motivation you can really move up in this company and I am living proof. Some of you think I am a butt kisser to corp, but I am not- I know what it takes for my company to survive. If you want to make your own rules start your own independent pharmacy and see how far you get on your own. Based on the attitude of most you- I wouldn't have any of you as my partner and honestly I don't even know how many of you got hired with your "all about me" attitude this has got to stop. All of you who are bitching about about how bad CVS sucks are setting a bad example for our profession. You are paid a handsome salary to drive that nice car you park in your garage and that 2 story house where you reside- try getting those things on a 35k salary than come back and talk to me. Some of you just don't know how good you have it smh.
35k salary would be a raise for your CVS techs. Why dont you ask them why they cant afford many basic necessities/luxuries that 99% of the educated workforce can? CVS doesnt give a crap about their employees and just because they pay you 6 figs is not evidence to the contrary. If they could get away with paying you $8/hr like they do their technicians trust me they would.

How exactly have you moved up in the company?

this guy isn't even a pharmacist...don't feed the trolls

How exactly have you moved up in the company?
He thinks being a corporate b1tch pharmacy manager is "moving" up. Come back here once you are above VP, this guy is clearly an idiot brainwashed tool from CVS.

I'm getting $135k to sit around, watch Netflix, and verify 30-80 scripts a day.
Those must be some juicy scripts everyday every week every month lol. Somehow in the days of epic bad reimbursement this magical pharmacy survives and thrives with a non owner pharmacist working i assume most of the time on 30-80 rx per day lol. Just dont let the rookies think this is normal

i was working on a busy monday evening shift with only 1 tech scheduled to work with me. the queue was blowing up. long lines at pickup, and drive thru were nonstop. ppl at dropoff was "totally" ignored. u can't possibly say i have time to take a break and no waiter b/s until i get back do u? u can't possibly believe the board specified a 1 pharmacist to 1 tech ratio right? when u were doing 4,500 scripts a week, that was many years ago when all u had to do was sit on your butt all day and verify. u had plenty of techs to do everything else for u. stop taking credits away from them.

Cvs made 7 billion in profit from the retail side of the company but cuts hours and treats its employees like ****. Get a professional degree and then expect to work 14 hour days without stopping. Sounds great doesn't it? You get paid ok but are treated worse then prisoners on a chain gang. At least they get a lunch break.

Those must be some juicy scripts everyday every week every month lol. Somehow in the days of epic bad reimbursement this magical pharmacy survives and thrives with a non owner pharmacist working i assume most of the time on 30-80 rx per day lol. Just dont let the rookies think this is normal

Owner seems to always sniff out some juicy generics with ridiculous payouts and then informs local pain managment and orthopedic MDs about it who then prescribe it if they want.

The new thing is Naproxen 125 mg/5 ml solution. So pretty much all the patients who used to get Naproxen 500 mg #60 1t po bid (less than a dollar profit), now get Naproxen 125 mg/5 ml #1200ml 4 tsp po bid.

About an $800 profit/per script.

These NDCs are covered for about a month or so, then the PBMs catch on to what's going on and put the NDC on PA required. By then, almost 300-400 scripts have been filled. So, 400 scripts X 800 profit = 320k.

A few months ago it was packages that had Lidocaine/Prilocaine + Capsaicin cream paying out like $3000 profit/script.

The other thing is we accept OTC cards. Geriatrics in the neighborhood are lined up in front of the store on the 1st of the month every month to get their supplies of bandages, OTC drugs, etc.

Last edited:

Just by reading your post, I can tell you are abusive and think that you have everyone figured out. Everyone’s circumstances are different. I can’t imagine you function well in a team or even in this society when you based your opinion on how people should behave. The world does not revolve around you sir.

Bro you are really out of touch. I am by no means a lazy rph. i am at a non 24 hrs store that averages about 3 k a week and over 550 Monday and Tuesday. Last week i alone filled over 604 scripts. I kept record of that. I never have time to take more than 5 mns break at a time. It is tough out of there. it is so hard to keep good techs at Cvs.
You are making excuses no one is stopping you from taking a 30 min break. Did your sup say you couldn't take a break?