Too many resources!! (too little time)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ru4real1666

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm taking the MCAT on April 9th and I have too many resources I can use.

Particularly, I have all the EK books and the EK 1001 books. I have the BR books (for which I've finished the Phases I and II). I also have the Kaplan topical tests along with the AAMC exams and the Kaplan Practice MCATs.

My question is the following:

If I could put there in the order of helpfulness in the time that I have, what would be that order?

I am fairly good with the content so I'm assuming I should take all the practice tests first, but I'm not really sure.

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

well, you finished br. are you comfortable with content? If not, fix weaknesses and maybe do ek quickly. Since it's the last month, do only aamc's and as many as you can.

My recommendation is to do AAMCs and then use EK to shore up any gaps in knowledge you discover.

With about a month to go, you should be focusing on practice passages.

In terms of helpfulness:

1. AAMC FLs: space these out with your Kaplan FLs
2. Kaplan FLs #1-6
3. BR Phase III
4. Passages in EK content review books if you haven't finished them.
4. Kaplan Topicals

However, with a little less than a month left, you should probably ditch the Kaplan FLs due to time constraints. It's far more important that you finish all of the available AAMC FLs before your test date.

I'd arrange the rest of your schedule similar to my schedule. In other words, take a AAMC FL every few days, on non-FL days work through practice passages in BR/Kaplan Topicals/EK, and take a break every week.

Thanks a ton for the advice guys! I'll be incorporating your advice into my last two weeks of preparation!