Too many slots on AACOMAS? Should I still list a hobby?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jack-Kennedy35

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

So, I am currently filling in my AACOMAS application and have 12 Long-term experiences along with 3 other Achievements ( They are all condensed and all my shadowing is grouped under one category). Frankly, I'd be happy with leave this as is just because the number of slots is already at 15.

On AMCAS, I had a slot for hobbies and I was just wondering if I should include this on AACOMAS as well----- this will take my number of experiences slots to 13 and my achievements will still be 3 slots, so it'll be 16 total slots!!

Like I said, all of my experiences that I have already included are all meaningful and nothing is just a freebie. So should I should I or should I not include the hobbies slot as well? @Goro @AlteredScale
@Kumorebi

I just don't want it to become overwhelming for adcoms to look at my app....

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

So, I am currently filling in my AACOMAS application and have 12 Long-term experiences along with 3 other Achievements ( They are all condensed and all my shadowing is grouped under one category). Frankly, I'd be happy with leave this as is just because the number of slots is already at 15.

On AMCAS, I had a slot for hobbies and I was just wondering if I should include this on AACOMAS as well----- this will take my number of experiences slots to 13 and my achievements will still be 3 slots, so it'll be 16 total slots!!

Like I said, all of my experiences that I have already included are all meaningful and nothing is just a freebie. So should I should I or should I not include the hobbies slot as well? @Goro @AlteredScale
@Kumorebi

I just don't want it to become overwhelming for adcoms to look at my app....

Thanks
I think you should include the hobbies. I don’t think it’ll hurt, and it might be a little refreshing to the reader. This is anecdotal, but many people have commented on how they were asked about their unique hobbies during their interview. I think it would be good to add some personal flair to your application. However, I personally did not add a hobby section to mine.

Reactions: 1 user
I think you should include the hobbies. I don’t think it’ll hurt, and it might be a little refreshing to the reader. This is anecdotal, but many people have commented on how they were asked about their unique hobbies during their interview. I think it would be good to add some personal flair to your application. However, I personally did not add a hobby section to mine.
Got it. My only worry was that I have 12 slots of important experiences and 3 slots of achievements so I was already at the AMcAS threshold per say haha.
I just didn’t want to include another sections and overwhelm the guys looking at my application!