took Canadian DAT..Should I take the American DAT?

Kier

5+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2011
    I am a Canadian Student.

I took 2 Canadian DATs but I'm looking into applying to American schools this upcoming cycle.

I really want to upgrade my science scores but I'm scared that my reading and PAT would go down. The thing is chem/bio/organic chem/ math ..those things I can study for, but PAT and RC are obviously much easier on paper.

My stats are
    1st DAT
    BIO 19
    CHEM 22
    SCI TOT: 20
    RC: 22
    AA: 21
    PAT: 21

2nd DAT
    BIO 23
    CHEM 21
    SCI TOT: 22
    RC: 20
    AA: 21
    PAT 21

Yes obviously my scores have changed but my AA and PAT is the same :(
    Since now I can focus studying for DAT (summer!! yay) I'm thinking of taking the American DAT but am scared that I would do worse in RC and PAT section!
    If I take it I would have to take it in mid/late June (also sending my application in mid/late June).

My cGPA is around 3.5 and sGPA is around 3.2 ish

dskies

Jun 21, 2011
    1. Pre-Dental
      In my experience I've found those sections harder on the US DAT. It's your call..if you think you need to raise up your AA. But I think you're fine, those are solid scores. Not sure if your sGPA will hold you back, but your cGPA is decent. If you have good ECs/statement you should get interviews.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.