took DAT but want to take again...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jla87

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took my dats and got a really low QR score even though my other scores were all around 20 or higher...

I am planning on taking my DATs again late august but how do I let schools know that I am retaking them?

will they reject me based of my first set of scores once I send them in?

HELPPPP

Members don't see this ad.

I took my dats and got a really low QR score even though my other scores were all around 20 or higher...

I am planning on taking my DATs again late august but how do I let schools know that I am retaking them?

will they reject me based of my first set of scores once I send them in?

HELPPPP

There is actually an option on the AADSAS application to let them know what date you plan on retaking. Your grades seem fine from what you mentioned but if you feel you must retake then do so. :thumbup:

What scores did you get?

Members don't see this ad :)
No need to retake...I know many people that got into dental school with 16 or 17 on the QR...however they did have 21 or 22 AA...good luck! :)

most schools don't care much about QR and looking at how they are making DAT harder and harder every month, I would not worry about retaking it if you have 20 or higher on the rest of the sections.

I'm in the same position, with 20+ in all sections except the QR (14).

I was pretty sure I'd have to retake, but after calling/emailing most of the schools that I'm applying to, I will not be retaking.

The general consensus was that QR is the least critical section, as long as your AA is still high, and the other parts your app. are competitive, many schools will look past the 45 min section.

Some schools with "cut-offs" make exceptions just for the QR section.

Congrats on your other scores! Good luck!