Took exam on dec 23rd

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

elra

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody took the part 1 exam on dec 23rd?
How was it?
I felt it was much tougher!
Anyone took exam recently...plz share your experience
Really getting tensed about the result!:xf:

Members don't see this ad.

I also thought the exam was harder than i expected. I took the test on the 22nd. i know a kid from my class that took the exam on the 17th and had his results on the 27 of december.

Hi elra, I took exam on 29th Dec.The exam was extremely tough.No direct questions. Questions repeated from past papers were only 10-15% of all the questions and they were also not same but reframed. I am also tense abt the result.

Let us all hope for the best guys!
keeping fingers crossed..

Members don't see this ad :)
HI..
firstly all d best fr ur results!! cud u jus give a broad overview of d type of ques.. did u think dey were mre clinically oriented?
or were 2-3 concepts mixed in one ques?

TB patient after 2 mths under treatment, skin test is +, is it contagious or not?

I know skin test doesn't determine whether TB is active or not. but is it contagious if patient has been taking med for 2 months.

TB requires 6 months of prolong t/ t and PPD test could be positive in BCG as well...so a person is not a carrier unless he has the antigen . Qunatiferon gold test/sputum smear are the confirmatory tests. And also reagrding two months of medicines being administered...all these factors again come into play whether the patient has been at high risk/ coz of being in close approximity with TB patients or he is a carrier himself...but still i would say the patient is contagious as two months of medication isnt good enough anyways !

Hi Firasoblast, I gave my exam on 29th and found it very difficult. Looking at the question you posted, I believe that we had similar paper. yes, The T.B patient should be transmitting the disease if the treatment is given for only 2 mths and you are right tuberculin test only tells us abt contact with the antigen in past and not whether the patient is contagious or not. So the mention of skin test was very confusing!

Hi Firasoblast, I gave my exam on 29th and found it very difficult. Looking at the question you posted, I believe that we had similar paper. yes, The T.B patient should be transmitting the disease if the treatment is given for only 2 mths and you are right tuberculin test only tells us abt contact with the antigen in past and not whether the patient is contagious or not. So the mention of skin test was very confusing!

are you sure the patient would be contagious?

In most cases of active TB the patient is only quarantined for the initial 2-3 weeks after starting medication. after that time the patient is deemed not contagious, given they have a negative sputum test, and allowed to resume normal interpersonal contacts.

are you sure the patient would be contagious?

In most cases of active TB the patient is only quarantined for the initial 2-3 weeks after starting medication. after that time the patient is deemed not contagious, given they have a negative sputum test, and allowed to resume normal interpersonal contacts.

EXACTLY !! that what I also was thinking of but can't go back and find where I read it. I guess over reading messed my brain up!

Anybody took the part 1 exam on dec 23rd?
How was it?
I felt it was much tougher!
Anyone took exam recently...plz share your experience
Really getting tensed about the result!:xf:

is it your first time to give part 1

yes patient is contagious.. acc to current regime for tb it is mandatory fr a 6 mon treatment.. even after dat if d pt is diagnosed of havn positive sputum he is again put in fr an extended therapy.

so at 2 months time- u cant be sure of many things which point twrds pt. being non contagious:
1. has he been takin med to kill 90% of infection in 2 months?
2. wat medication is he on? multi drug regime?
3. is it a primary form or scndry form of tb?

so from all of dis it cums dwn to d basic fact dat til d 6 mnth regime isnt completed he is contagious.
Also i think skin test IS POsitive / negative even if d patient had vaccine long bak. but a positive test does mean the pt has tb infection.