Took Gen Eds at 3 different institutions. will this hurt me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

batpad

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Back in the summer after freshman year, I took various Gen Ed courses (like philosophy, english, and economics) at schools closer to my home that was not my main school. I took 4 different courses in 3 different schools (2 4 year universities online, and one community college).

Now that I am close to applying for medical school, I am wondering if this will hurt me in any way in applications. Am I just being neurotic?

I understand I need to individually submit transcripts from the institutions.

Members don't see this ad.

I have 7 transcripts, I did get interviews the first time I applied.

Hi guys,

Back in the summer after freshman year, I took various Gen Ed courses (like philosophy, english, and economics) at schools closer to my home that was not my main school. I took 4 different courses in 3 different schools (2 4 year universities online, and one community college).

Now that I am close to applying for medical school, I am wondering if this will hurt me in any way in applications. Am I just being neurotic?

I understand I need to individually submit transcripts from the institutions.

It'll be a pain in the ass getting the transcripts but shouldn't affect your chances.