took my oats today & help need

Members don't see this ad.

your scores arent THAT bad! keep your head up. take it again and still apply!

so i took my oat today and i;m completely bummed!! this is my second time taking it and yeah i did improve but not by much and not as much as i hoped.
so now here's my dilemma i am a reapplicant who was interviewed at pco,nova, and suny but b/c of my low oat scores i was not accepted so now that my scores still arent good enough should i still try applying for fall 2007 even though its so late in the application cycle?!? or just wait for fall 2008?
my stats: gpa 3.577 ; BS in chemistry; & i've been working at an optometrist office affliated to lenscrafters for the pass 6 years; OATs embarassing

so here it is: TS-300; AA-290 [ SORRY I ONLY REMEMBER THE QUESTIONS I KNEW]
QR 280 (ouch-i did not have enough time and found myself guessing on a LOT)[questions-know fractions, trig, %, circumference of circle, area,parameters,distance formula... not bad just practice with timing!]

RC 230 (THE WORST -did not have enough time either and ended up guessing on everything in the last passage as well as some of the second. also didnt practice at all for this section which was a big mistake.so practice practice practice with timing!!)[ the passages were about 1. crocodiles, 2. receptors 3.pontoons, which i found to be a little more on the difficult side & boring]

BIO 270 (ouch-focused on all the wrong stuff;) [mentioned alot of questions about prok. and eukary. one question on ectoderm, a few on mitosis-meiosis, fertilization, mutations, structure of plant/flower, genetics, muscle type, hormones...]

GC 340 [questions-know molarity, radioactivity,balancing eq, half life,lewis acid,base, gibbs free energy, ideal gas, % composition...]

OC 330 [just know basic reactions and products, substitution, elimination, addition,R/S, oxidation,reduction,hydrogenation, friedal-crafts, grignard, distillation,spectroscopy, wittig, keto-enol...]

PHY 270 (ouch, but practically guessed on a lot b/c i suck at it)[questions-know units, kinematics, momentum, resistors, buoyancy, lens]

so any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated! and hope this helps! goodluck

This is my advice: Fork out $500-1000 for a tutor. Maybe it's not you, but the way you study or the way you take standardized test (I had that problem throughout high school and college). A tutor can guide on what material to study and how to take the test. Your grades look good, definitely good enough to get in.

With it being so late in the admissions cycle, I would contact any school you are thinking of applying to and ask them about your situation. Don't waste money on app fees if they aren't going to consider you. I also second the above post about trying a tutor. I know there are strategies out there, especially to improve your RC score. I recommend not reading the section, just hunt for the answers...it saves time. Hang in there! If this is what you really want to do, you will figure out how to make it happen.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you should keep at it-- you definitely have experience in the field and seem dedicated to this profession-- you can explain to the admissions committee about how you've done... perhaps ask your schoosl what they think is the best course of action for you?
GOod luck if you take it again~