QR: 400 100
RC: 390 99.0
Bio: 360 88.4
GC: 360 93.0
OC: 360 94.2
PS: 340 84.8
TS: 360 92.1
AA: 370 98.7

Do you guys think that these scores are good enough? I hope I'll be able to get into an optometry school for fall 2010

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You can't be serious can you? Those are pretty solid scores, you should be set with the OAT. The GPA is a bit on the low side but apply early and you shouldn't have a problem. Good Luck.

I'll take those scores anyday!

My countdown is ticking..

I take my OAT on August 11th... I been studying pretty hard.. and feeling pretty confident..

OAT Destroyer is pretty good..

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on your scores!

Just a random question, but would ya'll say the average scores seen on this site are much higher than around the country for other applicants? I really hope so.

Congrats on your scores!

Just a random question, but would ya'll say the average scores seen on this site are much higher than around the country for other applicants? I really hope so.

Yes ofcourse..its only logical. Out of the thousands of students that apply to optometry school each year....maybe like 50 of them are on SDN lol...at most i would say 1%...even though i think thats too much...and the ones on here obviously are more curious and higher acheivers...just like most people on this site.

Congrats on your scores!

There has been a trend of high(er) scores posted on these forums. The concern was raised last year as well, so I would still look at the percentiles and don't compare to SDN scores.

There has been a trend of high(er) scores posted on these forums. The concern was raised last year as well, so I would still look at the percentiles and don't compare to SDN scores.

On the other hand, I doubt the people that truly bomb the test are looking to post their scores on a public forum. Might be a selection bias simply due to perceived shame. :D

awesome scores PinkPenguin!

I will be taking the test in exactly 2 weeks. Can you give me any advice in performing as well as you? I'm currently trying to practice with Topscore +Achiever (Very poooorrr time management--time usually runs out before i can get to the last 10 questions, esp. problems involving calculations-- i tended to delay.. )... Any advice for RC on that note?

awesome scores PinkPenguin!

I will be taking the test in exactly 2 weeks. Can you give me any advice in performing as well as you? I'm currently trying to practice with Topscore +Achiever (Very poooorrr time management--time usually runs out before i can get to the last 10 questions, esp. problems involving calculations-- i tended to delay.. )... Any advice for RC on that note?

thanks for the congrats guys! =]

Lily08USF--sorry this took me so long to respond! For QR: do a LOT of practice problems (which probably goes without saying) but I worked on the Kaplan ones and I started to notice trends about the types of questions they ask and then try to figure out shortcuts to solve them [example: the question where one person can paint a room in 6 hrs and another can paint in 4. how long will it take for them to paint it together?] i saw questions like that on almost every practice test and on the real one too =] my strategy for the actually test was to go thru really quickly and if there were ones i knew would take too much time (over a minute) i just guessed and came back if there was time. I had some extra time to go back at the end and kind of work backwards from the answers, but i'm guessing thats not a typical strategy when you're pressed for time haha

for RC: read fast lol....skim the passage for like 5 minutes then go through the questions. I had plenty of time that way.

hope that helps!! and good luck =]