Took random classes at a CC, and got 3 C's sophomore year. How screwed am I?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

romanjetfighter

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I never studied for these three classes. I just took them for fun and to see what subjects interested me, thinking it wouldn't be on my record. I should have audited the classes. I didn't even know I wanted to be a doctor then. It lowers my GPA from 3.65 to 3.5 or so. Will adcoms show any leniency? Would you?

Members don't see this ad.

I had dual credit classes from high school that dropped me from a 3.7 to a 3.5. If your gpa is high enough overall that your app doesn't get thrown out, maybe they'll cut you some slack. That being said, I don't think they did for me. Schools like stats.

I'd look for evidence that you make better choices now.
I just took them for fun and to see what subjects interested me, thinking it wouldn't be on my record. I should have audited the classes.

A classic example of what the great historian Barbara Tuchman called "folly", ie], behavior contrary to self interest.
I didn't even know I wanted to be a doctor then. It lowers my GPA from 3.65 to 3.5 or so.

What's your sGPA? MCAT? The cGPA is below avg, but not lethal. Does kinda blow away your chances for the Ivies or Stanford.
Will adcoms show any leniency? Would you?