Took the AAMC unscored (Sample) FL recently.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aayz345

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I test on 9/8. So far I’ve taken NS1 got a 512 and AAMC Scored 86%/83%/85%/93%
Converters put the Sample at a 519 but idk if I should trust that and I can’t really believe my score either. I’m retaking a 504 from the previous summer.

Am I in good shape for a 515? I still need to Finish up the section banks, AAMC scores FL’s, and have 1000 Uworld
Questions remaining.

Members don't see this ad.

I test on 9/8. So far I’ve taken NS1 got a 512 and AAMC Scored 86%/83%/85%/93%
Converters put the Sample at a 519 but idk if I should trust that and I can’t really believe my score either. I’m retaking a 504 from the previous summer.

Am I in good shape for a 515? I still need to Finish up the section banks, AAMC scores FL’s, and have 1000 Uworld
Questions remaining.

You took it last year and you never took the sample or scored AAMC FLs? People say it’s easier than the AAMC FLs so that score could be a little inflated but that’s still a great job on the test. On the other hand some people said the sample was close to their scored AAMC FLs and actual exam.

Regardless though you got high percentages so you’re in a good spot. And a 512 on Next Step is solid. I’m interested to see how you do on the scored AAMC FLs. I test 9/18 and take the sample next week.

You took it last year and you never took the sample or scored AAMC FLs? People say it’s easier than the AAMC FLs so that score could be a little inflated but that’s still a great job on the test. On the other hand some people said the sample was close to their scored AAMC FLs and actual exam.

Regardless though you got high percentages so you’re in a good spot. And a 512 on Next Step is solid. I’m interested to see how you do on the scored AAMC FLs. I test 9/18 and take the sample next week.

I took the sample and AAMC FL's around May 2017 when I was preparing for my previous mcat on June2017. I can't quite remember but I thought they were about the same in difficulty. just wanted to get some other opinions.

I plan to take the AAMC FL1 this saturday but probably won't be able to finish completing/reviewing the BB section bank by then. Damn you're testing soon as well. Best of luck to you!!

My two cents.

Got a converted 515-519 on my Sample Exam last July.
After I finished my review, I scored a 517 on my real MCAT in September.

At first glance, it looks super predictive. But I had done zero MCAT prep before taking the Sample Exam. So I shrug and maybe you just need to keep up hope.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My two cents.

Got a converted 515-519 on my Sample Exam last July.
After I finished my review, I scored a 517 on my real MCAT in September.

At first glance, it looks super predictive. But I had done zero MCAT prep before taking the Sample Exam. So I shrug and maybe you just need to keep up hope.

I’m sorry that you couldn’t improve on such a strong baseline score. That’s unheard of

I’m sorry that you couldn’t improve on such a strong baseline score. That’s unheard of

I figure it's because it was high already, and improvements beyond that kind of score are much more reliant on luck of the draw than any kind of intrinsic ability.