Took the DAT today (24AA 20PAT) need help picking schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soxinabox90

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
DAT: 24TS, 24AA, 20PAT
GPA: ~3.45 (not calculated yet)
Residency: Michigan
Shadowing hours: ~100
Volunteering hours: ~25
Work hours: ~500 (phlebotomist), ~100 (tutor), ~800 grocery store, ~500 college library

I need some help with choosing which schools to apply to. My #1 choice would be Michigan as it's instate ($$). Outside of that my priorities are #1 get accepted somewhere, #2 total cost for the duration of school should be minimized, and #3 somewhere warm and sunny.

Looking at applying to 10-15 schools. Here's my list so far:

Arizona
Colorado
Florida
Mercy
Michigan
Midwest
N Carolina
NOVA
NY
Oregon
UCLA
UCSF
UOP
USC
Wash
Western

Are there any you would remove/add to this list?

Members don't see this ad.

Have you applied to Touro, Lake Erie, and New England? I have similar stats but with more volunteer hours and I've applied to those schools as my backup.

Also UCLA and UCSF are very competitive in-state and they pretty much won't look at your application if you're OOS you have below 3.6-ish GPA.

Temple is also a good choice. I would add that on your list.

Reactions: 1 user
UW, UF, and OHSU are all not OOS friendly at all, I believe.

Members don't see this ad :)
Still waiting for your DAT breakdown!

And as far as you requirements #2-3, NYU is one of the most expensive and it gets chilly, so if you need to cut your list I'd start there!

Don't apply to Western or Midwestern IL. Do apply to Midwestern AZ. You probably have a decent shot at those schools especially Michigan (great school btw). Your backups would be MW-AZ, Nova, Mercey, NYU, and USC. Some of the state schools like Colorado, UW, and the UCs can be your reaches.

You would have a strong score at UNLV if you applied. The DAT is weighted much heavier than GPA with their admissions process.

I would replace UF w/ LECOM if you want to live somewhere sunny since you have a much better chance of getting an interview at the latter.

Don't apply to Western or Midwestern IL. Do apply to Midwestern AZ. You probably have a decent shot at those schools especially Michigan (great school btw). Your backups would be MW-AZ, Nova, Mercey, NYU, and USC. Some of the state schools like Colorado, UW, and the UCs can be your reaches.

What's wrong with Western? I removed NYU and USC because the tuition is just outrageous at both schools.