1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Took the last paper and pencil test, now need to re-take

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by Green6936, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Green6936

Green6936 New Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hi everyone!
    I've searched the MCAT boards but I can't find anyone in my situation. Is there anyone who took the paper and pencil test last August and is now planning on/ or has already taken the computer based MCAT? If so, did you study the same way? Were you able to take any practice tests? I'm a little nervous about the situation. I need to be able to take a practice test on the computer just as it will be on the actual test day. Thanks!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Genesis12

Genesis12 New Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    go to www.e-mcat.com. they have an online practice test (3R) available for free. other practice tests a $35 a pop. good luck!

4. Green6936

Green6936 New Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Great Thanks. And these are similar to the actual test? Have you taken the new computer test? I know when I was studying for the August test, the practice MCAT's on the MCAT website were much easier than my practice tests from princeton.

5. Green6936

Green6936 New Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Great Thanks. And these are similar to the actual test? Have you taken the new computer test? I know when I was studying for the August test, the practice MCAT's on the MCAT website were much easier than my practice tests from princeton.

6. Kateb4

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Me! I took the free CBT 3R that AAMC has on the website without studying and got exactly what I got on the Aug paper test. I'm studing the same, but I'm going to buy a few of the CBT practice tests that AAMS is selling.

7. CATallergy

2+ Year Member

Non-Student
    I found the practice experience nearly identical to the real thing. The only difference was my flat panel monitor vs the old bubble-shaped screen at the test site. Also, since I didnt use earplugs during practice, I found it eerily quiet during the test.

Finally, e-mcat.com gives you a few choices when you start. to simulate the real thing, you have to make a few obvious selections before you start (I don't remember, but they are like show answers: off, sequential: on, easy questions only: no, etc.)

8. Green6936

Green6936 New Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Thank you so much everyone for all your help!