1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Took the last paper and pencil test, now need to re-take

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Green6936, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Green6936

Green6936 New Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hi everyone!
    I've searched the MCAT boards but I can't find anyone in my situation. Is there anyone who took the paper and pencil test last August and is now planning on/ or has already taken the computer based MCAT? If so, did you study the same way? Were you able to take any practice tests? I'm a little nervous about the situation. I need to be able to take a practice test on the computer just as it will be on the actual test day. Thanks!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Genesis12

Genesis12 New Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    go to www.e-mcat.com. they have an online practice test (3R) available for free. other practice tests a $35 a pop. good luck!

4. Green6936

Green6936 New Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Great Thanks. And these are similar to the actual test? Have you taken the new computer test? I know when I was studying for the August test, the practice MCAT's on the MCAT website were much easier than my practice tests from princeton.

5. Green6936

Green6936 New Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Great Thanks. And these are similar to the actual test? Have you taken the new computer test? I know when I was studying for the August test, the practice MCAT's on the MCAT website were much easier than my practice tests from princeton.

6. Kateb4

7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Me! I took the free CBT 3R that AAMC has on the website without studying and got exactly what I got on the Aug paper test. I'm studing the same, but I'm going to buy a few of the CBT practice tests that AAMS is selling.

7. CATallergy

2+ Year Member

Non-Student
    I found the practice experience nearly identical to the real thing. The only difference was my flat panel monitor vs the old bubble-shaped screen at the test site. Also, since I didnt use earplugs during practice, I found it eerily quiet during the test.

Finally, e-mcat.com gives you a few choices when you start. to simulate the real thing, you have to make a few obvious selections before you start (I don't remember, but they are like show answers: off, sequential: on, easy questions only: no, etc.)

8. Green6936

Green6936 New Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Thank you so much everyone for all your help!